Skip to content

Discuss This New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed

Honda’s V4-based Pan European replacement will be the world’s most technologically-advanced bike when it’s released next year. Full details are in the new issue of MCN, but what do you think of the looks? Leaked Honda design drawings have shown the bike’s distinctive duck-billed styling, which we’ve made real using CGI. The colours are our guess – but the look...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 July 2009 15:52)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
iltsiri

Aug 09

iltsiri says:

In general, it seems to be very interesting!! It seems beatiful but i have some comments to do, which depend also on the accuracy of those pictures!! Maybe the wheel plastic covers (mostly the rear one) must be bigger for better protection. Seats give the impression of being quite small and NOT comfortable, which is not good for a big touring model. Foot pegs have to be closer to the ground for better sitting. The final exhaust part of the picture of VFR 1200 T is aesthetically worst than VFR 1200 S.

Then I have a question about the luggages. How many lt are they??? I believe that an ideal size is 45 lt for every side luggage and 55 lt for the rear one.

I hope that the indicators will be a combination of analog and digital.....

In my opinion the electronic suspension (type BMW ESA) is something very useful, led lights everywhere, xenon lights in front.

The way the engine and the gearbox are working (across the info we have) seem to me very interesting.

The geometry must be for touring bike (bigger corner), and the wind protection for the whole body.

Finally great attention must be paid on directing the heat produced by the engine away from the driver. Because this is a very big problem for the mediteranian countries during the summer!!!

I hope also that the fuel tank will be at least 30 lt for more km!!!

Reply to this Topic
Belgian Tiger

Mar 08

HONDA V4 VFR 1200

I found wonderful, pity that the red is not like other two-tone colors (red & white).

I hope she be Adapted to the morphology of Motorcyclists Anglo-Saxon or German, and not to the small size of Corses or Italians : To swallow kilometer legs unfolded ...

Also in addition to its new V4 engine, running on 2, 3, or 4-cylinder with a gearbox with double clutch, Hopefully likewise; ITS shell have at least A minimum capacity of 25 liters to honor rank high road!

For my part, I may be retarder buying my next motorcycle, TO me decide on this choice, out of this new generation of motorcycle HONDA, Who is the top (visible) of the iceberg of a new range of motorcycles Based on this one ...

Reply to this Topic
iltsiri

Aug 09

iltsiri says:

seeing today's (8/9)  topic here in mcn site about  the dual clutch transmission in the new honda vfr a question is rising.... if the VFR 1200 T (which is depicted) is actually the next Pan European or just a touring version of vfr!!! because there is info that next pan european will appear in 2010 to be in sale in 2011.... in any way next pan european must have its logo (the circle with the stars of eu and the word itself) on it !!!!!! it would be a great mistake of honda if she losed her well-known trademark!!!!

here are some general comments:

1. new pan european needs strong lights for night riding with the possibility of adjustement of their direction (up and down) by a button on the panel

2. full panel of indicators as such a big motorcycle is heading to riders who drive also cars and are used to more luxurious panels

3.seats must be better than the old pan european (size and comfort) and in any way much better than those of BMW K1300 GT (very tough) and Yamaha FJR 1300

4. genarally a good aerodynamic study is necesary (both with the screen up and down), with or without luggages, one or two riders and of course about the side wind

5. finally new pan european has to be a high quality model for touring riding and a price accoording to this era and conditions!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ExPanDriver

Dec 09

ExPanDriver says:

Why the confusion between VFR and Pan? The machine depicted is a VFR NOT a Pan.

The new Pan European is due out in 2010 for sale in 2011 - and not before time. Honda failed completely to produce a machine comparable with the ST1100 when it released the ill-concieved ST1300 and they will hopefully revert the model to its primary function - a comfortable, long-distance, high-speed tourer  and not a failed compromise between a sports bike and a tourer. Our ST1100's were completely capable of carrying us for 850 miles, stopping only for petrol, food and ciggies. An updated ST1100, with larger engine, fuel injection, radio, and electric screen etc. might just tempt me back from the Wing.

Hopefully the new Pan will look nothing like the depiction.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Where is it ? Any ideas

Anyone find out when this is due, i heard Autumn 2010 release this year but nothing else has surfaced yet (?).

:ph43r:

I have seen the bike spec / layout but nothing else up until now.

...............Answers on a postcard please.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices