Skip to content

Discuss This New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed

Honda’s V4-based Pan European replacement will be the world’s most technologically-advanced bike when it’s released next year. Full details are in the new issue of MCN, but what do you think of the looks? Leaked Honda design drawings have shown the bike’s distinctive duck-billed styling, which we’ve made real using CGI. The colours are our guess – but the look...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 July 2009 15:52)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bestd955

Feb 05

bestd955 says:

Sorry Honda but i think you have dropped one here. This bike is ugly, same as the VFR replacement we have now all seen.  I look forward to seeing the finished article and will reserve judgement till then but so far i am not impressed.

Reply to this Topic
78richie

Jul 09

78richie says:

I'll say it again. NOT A NEW PAN!

August 2008 MCN did a story that they made up about a V5 VFR and a VFR GT. Where are they then? Are they secret bikes that only the press can see? MCN get it wrong all the time and people on here get all worked up over something that isn't true. There is no new Pan next year. There will be a VFR but no details have been leaked/stolen/revealed yet. All this about names, engine configurations, gearboxes and final drives is made up dung. Go on www.honda-v4.co.uk and register like I have for the latest info and the chance to go on the launch.

Reply to this Topic
bigjames

Oct 02

bigjames says:

No need for me to lust after this one...

I am in the USA. Want to make sure a bike doesn't get here from Honda? Make it a good one and then put saddle bags (panniers to you Europeans) on it and we will never see it. Any one want to place a bet America will never see the bagger version of this bike?

Reply to this Topic
ManxNorton

Oct 02

ManxNorton says:

Vibey - not nice

My first 'modern' bike was a 1987 CBR 1000, which replaced a Honda 400/4 which I'd had for 12 years (I keep the good ones for a long time).

The CBR1000 was astoundingly quick at the time (although the guys at my local motorcycle shop tell me its like a moped now compared to a Gixxer 1000 - unimaginable) but my main point is that very quickly I noticed the 'numb' finger syndrome, which is very unpleasant.

After a while, the CBR thou cam-chain also started to eat itself so it had to go, being replaced by an early VFR750  (sublime).

Remembering the numb fingers with the CBR thou leads me to think that potential touring 'candidates' for my cash could not include the transverse four configuration, which rules out Kawa GTR1400's and the like, so I think Honda are right to stick with the V4's.

Reply to this Topic
hfevo2

Aug 04

hfevo2 says:

No Chance Whatsoever !

If these images turn out to be anything like the real thing, there's no chance I will be chopping in my FJR1300.

The current Pan may look almost as good as my black, 2002 plate FJR but it's woefully short in performance compared to the Yamaha.

But the new one hasn't even the looks to compete.

The FJR is still a great looking bike and to get me to upgrade to a new one with paddle gear change and ABS, Yamaha just need to add a sixth gear, a starter motor that can double as a reverse gear for parking and an electric centre stand.

Until they do, the largish lump of cash required to change is better in my pocket.

Reply to this Topic
XXBirdman

Jun 09

XXBirdman says:

I seriously doubt if Honda could lure me back, got my first honda when i was 12 , im now 40 and pretty much owned a Honda my whole life.

After waiting for like what seems forever for either a Blacbird or VFR new model i gave up and bought a 09 Yamaha R1 which i love riding more than any Honda i have had.

With this kind of styling and the lack of Honda dealers in Sydney's South i think i might have owned my last set of chicken wings

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Good God it's damned ugly!

It looks like a cross between something that is exceptionally visually challenging and something that is even less attractive than that, and that has been beaten with the ugly stick just in case it had any visually redeeming features.

I was sort of waiting for this to be released too - this could be bad news for Honda.

I suppose it is fair to say that I am part of the target maket really, like a lot of other people who have responded negatively.

Why do Honda constantly refuse to give us what we actually want? Where are those fantastic looking air-cooled concept bikes?  Handsome. lithe handling, with110 BHP and 100ft/lbs, and 380lb kerb weight - this will do some of us you know!!

(Because:  Orange box on - We are not all selfish sports bike riding psychopaths who quite obviously wish to see motorcycling eradicated. Orange box off.)

Well, I suppose I'll go nuts and buy one of those new Norton 951's instead. Now that is exceptionally handsome!

Honda take note...

Reply to this Topic
rjohn

Sep 02

rjohn says:

What is this obsession with how a bike looks. The factories are churning out bikes designed to park up for people to admire. Because of this nearly all modern bikes are either too heavy or have nowhere to carry the smallest piece of luggage. The best sports bike show that light weight is achievable. Surely a redesign of the pillion area to give riders the option of strapping on their own luggage would not add more than 5 kilos and would increase sales of bikes which at the moment are only good for track days and fine weather blasts.

Reply to this Topic
number6

Apr 05

number6 says:

VFR

I'm sure Judge Dredd will love it. Personally I think it looks like an enormous scooter.Awful.

Reply to this Topic
greenman4141

Mar 08

greenman4141 says:

vfr shite

is it a v4 or a 600 superdream [when will honda learn just to save a couple of mpg .honda vugly 1200,based on pan europeon ;latest pan wobbled,engine based on vfr800 [back to the drawing board honda

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices