Skip to content

Ask an Expert Dvla bollox. wish i never passed Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Dvla bollox. wish i never passed

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Tabasco

May 09

Tabasco says:

Dvla bollox. wish i never passed

I passed my bike test in may and yes i still have not had my licence back. I am fucking screwed without it as i look young for my age so keep getting aged checked when buying beer from shitty tesco and i aint carrying a passport around. dvla said a drivers licence is not a legal form of id to prove ones age to purchase alcohol????? WTF?

i wish i never took my stupid bike tests as dvla said there is one huge fuck up with issuing licences that were sent back by the mptc.

i've fucked without my licence and its getting embarrasing in the shops when buying booze and im fucking 37!!!!!!!!!!

dvla bollox. waste of fucking space.

can you tell im slightly pissed off?:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 July 2009 16:39)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bstb3

May 09

bstb3 says:

same boat

Same here mate, passed in May and still waiting...ring every week and get told same old crap about chasing the DSA blah blah blah...luckily(!) I look older than my age :upset: so I dont have the beer issues, still fuckin annoyin though.

tried complaining, made sod all difference as the DSA and dvla seem to just want to shift the blame to each other.

seems the quickest way is gonna be to report the licence i gave to the examiner as lost then when I get new one fill out the back of the pass certificate and send it in that way - but thats another £20 or so plus I lose the original certificate and theres enough horror stories around about the dvla fucking up as it is.

Reply to this Topic
Darrend99

Jul 09

Darrend99 says:

DVLA

I only passed my DAS on the 9th July and mine arrived this morning (20th) :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Licence issues.

Try contacting WATCHDOG.....

Reply to this Topic
bstb3

May 09

bstb3 says:

movement

It looks like things are starting to move on the problem now Tabasco - DSA have confirmed my test pass now to DVLA (test was on 20th May) and they will issue licence in next 10 working days (alledgedly)...Hopefully you will have similar news if you give the DVLA a call :smile

Reply to this Topic
carrfarmer

Jul 09

carrfarmer says:

dvla

i passed mod 2 on the 13th july,new licence was back with me 6 days later.must have been real lucky

Reply to this Topic
ibike

Mar 09

ibike says:

urgh

wtf - just get a normal age ID card.

I had a similar situation where my license vanished off the face of the Earth for about 11.9 weeks post bike exam. Then I contacted them, they said they had the wrong address and issued the license 1 day before they'd charge me to amend the address.  Then I received the license within 2 days of making the phone call to the DVLA to tell them my license never arrived.

It goes to show how much capacity they really do have if they can get my licence to me within 48 hours of speaking to them on the phone.

But seriously dude, you need age ID, not your licenese.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices