Skip to content

General Unmarked Police Bikes....! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Unmarked Police Bikes....!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

DonnyDon

Feb 09

DonnyDon says:

Unmarked Police Bikes....!

Yet again,,, headlines of unmarked police bikes getting our lot into much more trouble than neccessary.  This is straight forward commom sense to me, I dont disagree with unmarked bikes or cars, but come-on, as soon as the police capture the first offence being committed, surely the blues and twos should come on. This is not happening, some of these bikes have no blues & twos at all just video cams.!  What is it all about?  The common sense should be to stop the offender as soon as possible in order to avoid injury or death to other road users....   Not to stop, is totally outragously imoral.  As for the officer to chase without blues and twos surely he is committing similar offences himself....   The law courts need to act, and FAST.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (21 July 2009 12:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Unmarked cop bikes

Stick out like a sore thumb..Who rides an Hayabusa like a nanny..:roll eyes:
In general I don't think they should be using unmarked cars/bikes for these stealth tactics, they're not a deterent but in some cases it appears they goad the rider/driver to go faster..

Same with CCTV, hate Big Brother watching every move I make, and they don't stop crime, only record it after the event, rather than have a visible Police presence on the streets..

Reply to this Topic
Gurmit731

Jun 09

Gurmit731 says:

Unmarked Police Bikes....!

What is more dangerous than a motorcyclist breaking the speed limit?
Two motorcyclists breaking the speed limit!
What is more dangerous than two motorcyclists breaking the speed limit?
Two motorcyclists breaking the speed limit followed by an unmarked police motorbike!
My Brain Hurts :mad:

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

whats

the problem with using unmarked bikes, they all ready use them with cars and record drivers. If they pulled you for the first offence then it could be argued in court and get off with a softer fine/ points etc but if they are recorded doing multiple offences then at least something will stick and they are more likely to remove a dangerous rider/ driver from the road for a few years.

Simple fact is if you dont want to get caught out then dont break the law! :ph43r:

If you want to ride your bike seriously above the speed limit then do it on a track...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
elementz

Jul 09

elementz says:

I agree that

if you don't want to get caught, don't do ought wrong. It does seem, however, that some of the more powerful (unmarked) police bikes hang around the popular racing spots and, when they are overtaken, follow closely behind the overtaker. Isn't this just asking for a race?

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

A curly lead from helmet to tank bag ---

is a dead giveaway ! :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
DonnyDon

Feb 09

DonnyDon says:

Point is....

The Point im trying to make is - the first instance for the police should be to stop a protential, maybe fatal accident occuring....!

Isnt this why the speed cameras were renamed safety cameras? 

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

Donny

like i said if they pulled you for the first offence then you would prob be out on the road again in a few hours and do exactly the same thing and end up killing someone/ yourself, its not a bullet proof way of doing things but seems the most logical as the saying goes "if you throw enough sh*t then something will stick".

Like Stu said if someone is up your chuff then i slow and move over to the left slightly to let them get past as you never know who is sat behind you!

Eleme - if you over take a police bike and dont realise its a police bike (even unmarked ones have Police in white lettering on the sides) then you are retarded and shouldnt be on the road, your observation skills are seriously lacking, and then after not noticing that it was a police bike and when the copper is sitting behind videoing you and you go and gas it then its only yourself to blame. If you feel the need to race people then go to a track a do it to your hearts content :smile
(not having a go at you Elem just re-read this and it might be seen to be)

Reply to this Topic
MichaelBarrymore

Jul 09

I don't like unmarked police officers

Because I miss seeing them in uniform.:lol::smile

Reply to this Topic
GOWPETCH

Mar 06

GOWPETCH says:

unmarked police bikes

Have to agree, pull to the side and let the speed freaks go if they want to, unmarked police bike or not.  Do not be tempted to get involved in a race with a stranger, its not worth it.  I also agree that they should identify themselves and stop illegal riding immediately and not wait to see if you will commit further infringements, thats a recipe for disaster.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Speed

This is now a major Government revenue raiser..Speed limits that have been 60/50/40/ etc for as long as I can remember are now quitely being lowered to bring more people into the revenue trap..Same with cameras, there's so many in and around Leeds now that its only a matter of time before you get caught..You could drive like a saint but one small forgetful moment and you're a criminal..

We're fast losing any freedoms we had, and people should wake up to the fact..This isn't just about speed, but right across the board, from freedom of speech to freedom of movement..You can't even ride an offroad bike on common land anymore without being targetted..

Looked at some holiday snaps the other day from someone who'd been on holiday to Florida, and they posed outside a shooting range with their target they'd been shooting at..The target depicts Bin Laden..Try that here and you'd be in court for inciting racial hatred..
Things have gone too far..Whoo I'm getting off my soap box..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices