Skip to content

General Unmarked Police Bikes....! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Unmarked Police Bikes....!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

DonnyDon

Feb 09

DonnyDon says:

Unmarked Police Bikes....!

Yet again,,, headlines of unmarked police bikes getting our lot into much more trouble than neccessary.  This is straight forward commom sense to me, I dont disagree with unmarked bikes or cars, but come-on, as soon as the police capture the first offence being committed, surely the blues and twos should come on. This is not happening, some of these bikes have no blues & twos at all just video cams.!  What is it all about?  The common sense should be to stop the offender as soon as possible in order to avoid injury or death to other road users....   Not to stop, is totally outragously imoral.  As for the officer to chase without blues and twos surely he is committing similar offences himself....   The law courts need to act, and FAST.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (21 July 2009 12:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
elementz

Jul 09

elementz says:

tsgv

Not offended at all. Not much chance of me racing anybody - i'm into cruisers, the type that chug along like a steam engine and can't turn without grinding your pegs to nothing.

donny - i'd say it's probably more of a police priority to stop people doing it again than stopping them this time. If you are recorded overtaking at over the speed limit, you'll get a slap on the wrist and sent on your way. If you are recorded driving over quite a long distance at a considerable speed, they can take your licence away very easily. This way the police only need to catch every racer once, as opposed to every time they speed, in order to stop them driving irresponsibly. The priority is to make the roads safer as a whole, not to make the bit of road the copper happens to be on safe until their shift ends.

Reply to this Topic
DonnyDon

Feb 09

DonnyDon says:

So if ...

Elementz -   So if a policeman see's two geezzers fighting in the street, one as a knife, is it right to allow a stabbling before nicking him......?  murder or manslaughter charge instead of afray....    Get a grip...

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

Donny

dont show how stupid you are coming out with statements like that as its obviously different and quite simple to pin someone with having a knife.

You need to get a grip and put things in perspective, different law breaking has different punishments and different ways of dealing with things!

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

tsqv

what donny is saying is correct the cops by law are suposed to stop you  not follow you so you add up more infringements

he aint being stupid hes makeing a point  if you get a good laywer he will get you off all but the first infringement

also a few yrs back a cop nearly lost his job for following a a car going fast and dangerous in an unmarked car .. he didnt stop the speeding car and followed it for 5 miles racking up potential nicks and the kid lost it on a bend and injured himself

the courts found the cop in the wrong and i think the force was suied

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

brutale

i was calling him stupid for saying that they should let people with knives stab someone before arresting them.

Yes the cops should stop you for the first offence and the example you pulled is a little out of the ordinary as if the chump was driving like a serious muppet he should have been pulled before hand and this is bad judgement from the police and he rightlfully got nailed.

But following you over a number of miles monitoring your speed providing your not driving irratically (as dont they need to pace for 1/2 mile to get an average speed) and then pulling you for a confirmed speeding fine which wil guarantee points fine/ court etc makes more sense and a better use of man power.

I think the law system can be abused from both sides here so the cops are trying to make sure that 90% of cases that go to court end in favor to the Police, rather than the driver having a shit hot brief and getting off with a slap on the wrist as dont you think that that is a waste of money and time and unfair on people who cannot afford the best!

Reply to this Topic
jonwat9r

Feb 05

jonwat9r says:

Unmarked Police Bikes....!

Hey just head on up to North East, Northumbria Police have no bikes marked or otherwise, they are too dangerous:winkie::ph43r::biggrin:

Plenty of other tish though and will prosecute 34 in 30 friend just been scammed

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

The last reply

on this thread warrants some consideration, of course he should have still kept his speed down, but doesn't the whole pursuit by unmarked vehicles play on primeval fears and reactions? If roads policing is not now greatly about revenue collection, then wouldn't offending vehicles be stopped at the earliest opportunity. Sounds like this guy will have to get some heavyweight legal representation, and don't forget unlike the knife fight mentioned further up the thread, there is NO legal aid for motoring offences.

Here's a question, If a child has a box of matches, do you take it away before they strike one, after they've struck one, when they've set light to something, when the whole house is on fire, or when they are on fire? Now subsitute biker for child and bike for matches.

A warning/smack on the wrist early on could well stop a more serious incident.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Unmarked police bikes

If a persons actions are directly as a result of the polices actions then its grounds for being thrown out of court. If the following officer gives you no other option but to speed excessively then it should be thrown out of court. If the rider could slow down and let the goading officer pass (and maybe take his details and submit a formal complaint) but doesn't, then they only have themselves to blame. Letting them overtake to check if its a cop or not is probaly the best thing to do. for warned is for armed as it were

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

This reminds me

Of when I used to work in an offie.

We were told that if we were in doubt then asking someone "how old are you?" would always rule out trading standards as they had to tell the truth to avoid entrapment.

If someone seems to be pushing you, pull over and have a fag. Or some drugs. Probably get less penalty than for speeding.

Just remember it's always your choice to go faster because someone behind is pushing.... problem is it's human nature and that's what these kinds of stats bandits prey on.

I had a huge argument with a cop about the North Wales thing and them just stopping bikers because they can and she didn't see the issue at all. She saw it as a legitimate causality prevention exercise (whilst doing 34 in a 30 I might add). I'm very tempted to join the Special Constables to see what makes these people tick... there must be a good reason why they do this sort of thing and it'd be interesting to see it from the other side.

On a lighter note, Dominos did not say their new mango dip was spicy. Bastards.

Reply to this Topic
Alyxx

Mar 09

Alyxx says:

Stupid

The whole thing is stupid, they cause more danger to road users than they prevent.

And tsgv, I agree with you that waiting until someone stabs a person, or waiting until a motorcyclists causes a pile up are not the same things. A pile up is much worse.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices