Skip to content

Discuss This Josh Brookes’ Mallory crash video British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Josh Brookes’ Mallory crash video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Josh Brookes’ Mallory crash video

It’s already the most talked about incident of the BSB season and this YouTube video shows why HM Plant Honda rider Josh Brookes copped a two event ban after his crash triggered the carnage that caused six other riders to crash at the Mallory Hairpin.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (22 July 2009 16:51)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo101

Apr 05

speedo101 says:

W*nker!

Josh Brookes is a complete w*nker, twice hes done this. He cant ride a bike for shit!

He should of been disqualified, and Andrews given the win!

Reply to this Topic
jake-shears

Mar 07

jake-shears says:

Once he knows the tracks the the races will be more exciting to watch! ;-)  It's probably his unfamiliarity with the 'ripple' in the area his wheel left the ground, that caused the problem!

Brookes only knocked off Andrews!  Tommy Hill took himself down and Chris Walker and the rest all crashed into him. When Hill went down Andrews and Brookes were over on the grass so Brookes can't take the blame for Hill & Co!  ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Simon Andrews 1st

Andrews should have had the win,the rules need changing,now Camier is ever further in front.Why they cant just go back a lap when something like this happens is beyond me.Brookes needs to sort himself out before he ends someones career.

Reply to this Topic
ameg2808

May 08

ameg2808 says:

hold on

Yes Josh made a mistake but did you know that since donington honda have admitted he had no brakes and it was a bike error?

www.bikesportnews.com/articles/article.html

this means he's only dropped the one clanger and these guys do make mistakes.. If rossi had wiped stoner out trying to pass him at laguna seca last year no-one would have been declaring it the race of the year and when you watch it he was VERY close to causing a crash with THAT move on the corkscrew everyone talks about.

the farcical way the podium turned out was not josh brookes fault! thats a duff rule that needs changing and while im on it, who gets to make the decision about who is "racing" when the red flags come out??? surely if your picking your bike out of the gravel and slinging your leg over the seat to try and carry on you ARE "actively racing" ????

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

the bike was tested and the brakes were ok- ask stuart higgs.

Reply to this Topic
peter3z

May 09

peter3z says:

give it up shit happens

Reply to this Topic
GMan7

Jul 05

GMan7 says:

Josh Brookes - Go Home!

I was at Mallory on Sunday watching at the Hairpin and couldn't believe what Josh Brookes tried to do!  Everyone was enjoying seeing Williams, Walker & Hill fighting at the front and looking forward to a close finish except for Brookes!  He couldn't catch the front group and obviously thought he could defy the laws of physics!!!  He should not be allowed to take part in any more race events in the UK as he is a danger to everyone else on track.  We have had a lot of Australian riders coming through the BSB series over the years and they have all been great riders but Josh is a dangerous rider who has no concern for the safety of others on track.  He should return to Australia for a few years and learn to behave on track and maybe come back here and prove he has changed.  I know Honda have employed him but am disgusted that they are defending him - shame on you Honda!!!  As far as the rules go, I guess the result had to stand but we all know Ellison didn't deserve the points.  It's a shame but the 2009 BSB season is over as far as I'm concerned - Roll on 2010. 

Reply to this Topic
peter3z

May 09

peter3z says:

gman7

grow up this is real life

Reply to this Topic
GMan7

Jul 05

GMan7 says:

Get Real!

Yeah, this is real life and it's peoples lives careers on track that I'm worried about.  Are you Josh's only friend or do you work for HM Plant?  Don't bother replying as I really am not looking for a debate, I just can't understand where you are coming from?

Reply to this Topic
GMan7

Jul 05

GMan7 says:

Get Real!

Yeah, this is real life and it's peoples lives careers on track that I'm worried about.  Are you Josh's only friend or do you work for HM Plant?  Don't bother replying as I really am not looking for a debate, I just can't understand where you are coming from?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices