Skip to content

Discuss This So who lines up on HM Plant Hondas at Brands Hatch? British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > So who lines up on HM Plant Hondas at Brands Hatch?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

So who lines up on HM Plant Hondas at Brands Hatch?

HM Plant Honda haven’t announced who will replace banned Josh Brookes and injured Glen Richards at Brands Hatch BSB next weekend - but one rider who won’t be on a superbike either there or at Cadwell is Steve Plater. After Glen Richards was injured at Knockhill, the team said the Steve Brogan would replace him at Mallory and then Plater would...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (23 July 2009 11:05)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

bloody muggeridge   give someone young a chance for christ sake   james westmooreland  ian hutchinson  even dan linfoot    i have read on this site people sayin hill has had to many chances and then someone says muggeridge  jesus   michael laverty or john   actually john would be a good shout if stuart hicks would let him

Reply to this Topic
robjohnson81

May 09

robjohnson81 says:

I tell you what Hodgson would be a great bet as theyve nowt to loose and it would be great to see him race here as a one off. Chaz Davies could do with a return to the shores or maybe JT as I think he will be needing a job after donny.

Reply to this Topic
ninjaman08

May 09

ninjaman08 says:

hm riders

Bet Foggy & whitham could ride them better than the prats that have been on them. I reckon the mighty Honda are working on a time machine to go back to the start of the season and sign better, no sign proper riders. What about Rutter? not as daft as it sounds at least it will get the bike out

Reply to this Topic
dickthebuttockscruttock

Feb 03

TOMMY BRIDEWELL ! ! ! ! ! !

FOR GOD'S SAKE GIVE THE RIDE TO TOMMY BRIDEWELL...... A YOUNG RIDER, EXTREMELY TALENTED, GETTING GOOD RESULTS ON A 3YR OLD SUPERBIKE. ON THE LATEST HONDA..... WOW.

Reply to this Topic
gixermatt

Sep 08

gixermatt says:

dickthebuttockscruttock

I completely agree with dickthebuttockscruttock give the lad a chance even if it just for a race let him show what he is capable of on a new blade!!   TOMMMY BRIDEWELL!!!

another person who deserves a chance is Gary Mason also doing a great job on a 2 year old honda and even out qualified brooks and richards at thruxton.

come on HM plant use this as a chance to give a young brit or two a shot on a great bike and show what the ever increasing Brit contingents have to offer!!! 

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

Aye, Tommy Bridewell and Gary Mason on works Honda`s, that would be brilliant

Come on Honda give them a chance, you never know what you might get out of it.

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

jesus give riders a chance   gary mason   how many chances has he had   and come on two top ten results do not set the world alite     check out his results in world superstock ladies this year

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

I agree

HM Plant's year is knackered anyhow, they may as well try someone like Bridewell and see they could work with him in the future, nice cheap new talent for the future, they may have to ditch one of their riders at the end of the season if Glen cant hit top performances as he is their number 1 rider.

Brookes is definately looking star material even though he has had an unpopular start in BSB, he is looking every bit their number one rider at the moment, if he is still allowed on track he will be winning races by the end of the season even against Camier and their bikes domination.  Brookes is finding the limits quickly and I reckon he will still be quick within those limits.  If he is Glen will be out and a young rider may find themselves in the seat.

The only thing Honda may be worrying about is someone else giving it a real go and wiping out someone else, it would be typical of their luck this year.  But I still think it is worth a chance.

Reply to this Topic
jake-shears

Mar 07

jake-shears says:

I think/hope Josh Brookes will ride for Colin Wright's Airwaves team next year because I'm sure Camier will be off to WSBK!  Also I see on another website today that Colin came out in support of Brookes and thought his race ban was harsh and I have to agree with him!

From Visordown & BSB website -- Colin Wright defends Josh Brookes and said... "I think everyone was a bit hard on Josh, he only took down Andrews"

Colin Wright, the Airwaves Yamaha GSE team boss, has said that the rest of the BSB team bosses should re-read the rule book before the next round of the series at Brands Hatch.

The controversial team manager was speaking in the continuing afterwash of the accident in the first Superbike race at Mallory Park, where HM Plant Honda’s Josh Brookes collided with MSS Colchester Kawasaki’s Simon Andrews.

Wright said: "I think everyone was a bit hard on Josh, he only took down Andrews and whatever the other riders crashed on, it wasn't there for James, Leon and Graeme Gowland. I also think that following the weekend it is important that the teams read the rule book before the next round. In race two I was really impressed with Leon and James as they hadn't ridden the Airwaves Yamahas in those conditions and between them they set the fastest lap and gave an outstanding performance."

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

If Only

I love to see Brookes back on the bike , just to see how far round the track he'd get before either being taken out or bottled by someone watching  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices