Skip to content

Discuss This Steve Plater slates Josh Brookes ban British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Steve Plater slates Josh Brookes ban

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Steve Plater slates Josh Brookes ban

Steve Plater can be counted for one thing, his straight –talking attitude - so regardless of which team’s race shirt he’s wearing, you can bank on his honest assessment of a situation. After talking about his and the HM Plant Honda’s decision for him to concentrate on British Supersport, rather than ride the team’s superbike at Brands Hatch or Cadwell Park,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 July 2009 11:34)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pixjm

Jul 09

pixjm says:

Josh Brookes

I was watching the race on TV, and to be honest it needed some excitment as does the rest of the series, I'm not saying people need to get hurt but it needs riders like Josh Brookes giving it 110%. OK he made a mistake but he's used to the world stage not the Asda car park,Had he done his shopping here every week I'm sure he would have got round. Please don't put riders of comming to BSB it needs more. From a spectators point of view,let Josh ride at Cadwell,that should be a good punishment in it's self. If not let Steve Plater loose on his bike. John Marshall

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Josh Brookes....

Has been riding as hard as he could to make up for the begining of the years' Visa fiasco, and i dont think many people would argue that considering all he wants to do is win.

He was VERY hot into that corner at Mallory Park, but i know from experience on a trackday just how late you can smack those brakes on and hold it.

HOWEVER i have also been a part of a similar crash because riders slow down too much, OR brake-check riders behind to escape quickly from the guys behind.

Could there of been a bit of that going on too?

IMO i think Brookes needs to just calm the fruck down and perfect how to ride UK/ Go-Kart tracks..... He is a good rider at the worst of times but he hasnt adjusted himself.

A second race banning? Hmmmm, I honnestly dont know if its good or bad THB!

He did used to crash a lot when he was on a Kawasaki a few years ago in 2006 which ended his initial coming to BSB (but you can argue that was bike related)

Reply to this Topic
TheBernster

Jun 09

TheBernster says:

Steve Plater slates Josh Brookes ban

Steve's only saying that because he's not racing in the same race as the guy. I bet he wouldn't be so understanding if that level of threat was occurring from the same rider every time he went out to fight for his trophy collection.
Like fishing in a paddling pool with a Great White nestling in it, it's fun when your not in the paddling pool in your Speedo's.

Reply to this Topic
amjb2112

Jul 06

amjb2112 says:

Totally agree with Plater...

Brookes screwed up but it was a racing incendent. The problem is that Brookes was in a high profile incident with the very popular Guintoli and secondly in this crash he stopped three of the most popular and deserving riders out there from getting on the podium. Next we have Eurosport shoving the mic under the noses of the managers at a time when they were calling for Brookes' head and now MCN are stirring things up! In all instances emotions took over from really looking at the facts.

I bet there would hardly be a complaint if Brookes had taken out Camier - because, provided no one was hurt, it would be good for the Championship! Yes Colin Wright would have had a justified winge but that would be it. Move on - racing incident!

Next - dispite Brookes being a vastly experienced and proven rider at world level, he has still never been to Mallory which is a joke of a circuit at this level. OK he's done practice there but it's no substitute for the intimate knowledge the regulars have. He arrived at that corner slightly further to the right than he had the previous laps resulting in him hitting the dip which meant the weight transfered to the front and then the back end tried to catch up with the front. Brookes had to let off the brakes. It was bad luck that the other guys went down on fluid from his bike. I've spoken to people who know him well and they say he's very serious and dedicated and I can imagine that this witch hunt is doing to him.

Also, has anyone bothered to ask questions about the brakes on the HM Plant Hondas? I believe Glen Richards is very lucky to have "only" snapped his femur after the brakes went on his Blade at Knockhill. I think this is the reason Brookes claims he crashed into Guintoli.  

Next - the law is an ass! There would have been a lot less fuss under the old red flag rules. Count back to the last completed lap and exclude Brookes. The result would have been Andrews, Hill, Walker (I think) and everyone would have been happy! Just can't see why it was changed.

Finally, I can't believe anyone can honestly question Plater's integrity and motives for speaking out. The guy is a gent, I've had the privilage of speaking to him briefly in the past and can only say that he appears to have time for everyone, always has a smile no matter the hardship, is not up himself and is a great ambassador for the sport.

I look forward to seeing Brookes back on circuit asap as he really looked like he was making the interesting in the second half of the season.

Reply to this Topic
dale b

Jan 08

dale b says:

Honda???

Honda seem to be keeping very quiet about the brakes on their bikes and letting the riders take all the flak for it. Guintoli bore the brunt of brookes  faliure at donny, richards broke his leg at jockhill and now brookes skittles andrews, causing others to go down in avoidance/ on fluids debris ect.... Is it not time that the big H actually came public and admitted that their bikes have had component faliure, rather than letting their riders be scapegoats... Come on tuxworth be a man.

Reply to this Topic
ninjaman08

May 09

ninjaman08 says:

JB Ban

Having raced a few times and watching the crash on vid several times, I think the track has to be looked at. As many others have said why on earth are these guys racing 200+bhp bikes round 3rd rate circuits that really needs sorting out, as bikes are'nt getting slower are they?? 

Reply to this Topic
ninjaman08

May 09

ninjaman08 says:

hm plant bikes

forgot to mention, those quick couple brake hoses, anyone been looking at them? are they faulty??

Reply to this Topic
skandi

Nov 05

skandi says:

This incidient is being blown all to hell, Josh Brookes was riding superbly prior to the racing incident and got fooked by a bump on a shitty track. For me BSB this year has become boring with no Haslams, Byrne's Crutchlows and Sykes in the fray, Brookes over the last few rounds has added excitment to the Series as he has begun to get to grips with the bike and shown he is the only rider capable of breaking the Yamaha (Camier) domination. Valentine and some of the other teams made an ass of them selves over this deal by saying Brookes was an out of control rider and so on........to come from 17th to 4th is not possible by a rider who is  seemingly out of control after 23 laps......come on this is a  guy who was a top World SS rider.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Justice AT LAST

Send this wanker home for good.He mosost likely wiped out this years champ.Ban this OZ for good.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Justice AT LAST

Send this wanker home for good.He mosost likely wiped out this years champ.Ban this OZ for good.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle