You are in... Forums > General > General > BEWARE INSURANCE RIP OFF

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jonwat9r

Feb 05

jonwat9r says:

BEWARE INSURANCE RIP OFF

Just a warning to all to check all ins. docs, i have just renewed insurance, i changed company from bennetts to dial direct (268tpf&t or 117 fc you think about it).

I thought it was all sorted but then i got certificate from bennets and details how they took money off card, because it says they will do it unless you tell them not to they're ok! My fault i suppose should have read all paper work but i now have to pay 20 just to cancel.

check yours now :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (23 July 2009 12:22)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fossil

Aug 02

fossil says:

Yeh...... I agree

Insurance reminders aren't important, so why should you bother to read them properly ?

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

Not really a rip off is it...

You failed to cancel the policy and they charged you a fee, probably just to cover their admin costs.

Reply to this Topic
tsgv

Jan 09

tsgv says:

pretty

much 99% of policies both bike and car states you must cancel it or it automatically renews (stops people forgetting about insurance and getting 6 points) its not a scam but very annoying if you forget

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Oddity

known as 'recurring debit'  -  normally they are not allowed to retain your card details for more than 3 months  -  but somehow the insurance industry is allowed to do it  -  probably to do with reducing the liklihood of 'forgetting' to re-insure each year.

The Post Office did it with my car insurance this year  -  which means I'll automatically go with someone else next year on principle....:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
Sabrinus Hic

Jul 08

Sabrinus Hic says:

Jon et al - Also watch out for...

I nearly had this with my insurance this year, that they would automatically take one month at a time, unless I notified them that I no longer required there service, even though I always pay a lump sum yearly, and this year have moved to a new broker.:mad:

Another thing to be careful of, are these compare sites. I had one and it shows a nice low price, and all the cover I need. When I called the insurance direct, to pay over the phone, I then found out that even though the compare site said, No claims protection, Legal Aid, Courtesy car etc that this was not accurate. They CAN BE PROVIDED at extra cost, ie 30 legal aid, 50 no claims prot. 90 quid for NCB protection etc.

The person on the phone was very good though, saying that if I had paid online and the documents sent out to me, if I did not notice reading the small print that those 'ticked options' were not there, if I had to make a claim I would get a shock ! :mellow:

To me this is fraud or theft, as the compare site will take your money, pay some to the insurance agent, and then if you have to claim you will find out in the documenation, you might be actually be covered.

RIP OFF BRITAIN, strikes again. Perhaps all those bankers have moved into the Insurance business, tee he he

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
abarth64

Jun 10

abarth64 says:

Good Luck

Dial Direct !!! Good Luck

Reply to this Topic
abarth64

Jun 10

abarth64 says:

Rip Off Britain

Spot on, we have to prove NCB when we don't have access to it. Years ago I was told that insurance companies were joining up computer systems to stop fraud and make it easier to proove NCB:lol: but by what I can see it's so they can sell are information without consent !!! :mad:

Reply to this Topic
foxman

Aug 02

foxman says:

Not just Britain...

for the French insurance companies require the same proof. Which makes sense as otherwise you cold make up how many years NCB you have. Usually the number of years is on the renewal notification or on the policy shcedule and I find a copy of the previous year notice keeps companies happy until final proof comes through if it wasn't on renewal notice.

What is more annoying is that I have 19 years NCB and yet companies will not register more than 9, with some not registering more than 5 because "the computer does not need that"

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices