Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: James Toseland eyes home top six MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: James Toseland eyes home top six

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

British MotoGP: James Toseland eyes home top six

James Toseland is confident he can challenge for the top six in tomorrow’s British MotoGP race after he equalled his best qualifying result at Donington Park this afternoon. The 28-year-old will start the 30-lap race from ninth on the grid as he bounced back from a disappointing morning practice session at the Leicestershire circuit. Toseland, who had a disastrous British GP debut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (25 July 2009 16:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ettaruss

Jul 09

ettaruss says:

melandri

what position do you think melandri would get riding JTs bike ??? kawasaki no new parts all year hardly tested the bike bloody hell wheres the excuses from him .

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

wtf

wasnt it a fuel  problem in practice that cost him 6th .today whats the excuses for 9th?

Reply to this Topic
robjohnson81

May 09

robjohnson81 says:

I really do wish and hope JT has a mega ride tomorrow, I take no pleasure in putting him down but I am sick of excuses every week. As I,ve said before unlike virtually all the other rider JT never puts in a show in FP /qually or the race he just isnt quick enough at this level. Pretty much all the others have stuck in some cracking rides even if they have bad rides in other races JT hasnt done that this year. Colin deserves to stay I think, hes bloody consistant and 5th in the championship I think, hes come close to winning and I hope he gets one more year and a win before he goes back to WSB he desreves it. You have to have people who will knock and people who praise and i will be the first to praise him if he pulls a good ride out tomoz and be more than happy to eat my words. JT needs to find the next level, he knows what that is like as a racer and hes not found it yet in MotoGP

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

ettaruss SPOT ON

RIGHT IN A NUTSHELL MATE , best comment on the tossers performance to date

Reply to this Topic
ettaruss

Jul 09

ettaruss says:

great riders

there are no crap riders or tossers in motogp they are all very very good riders but some are great riders and there's the problem we need  a great brit rider i think even if JT stays in moto gp what ever the bike he rides he will never be one of the greats he will be at best another colin edwards a nearly  man just not quit good enough overtaking rossi and holding him up a couple of laps doesn't make you great the great riders are still at the pointy end even when carrying injuries or on there second bike or not 100% healthy i have raced and won club championships raced at a fairly high level so i know how difficult it is and these guys are in another league big style i really hope JT can be at the pointy end and run up front and then end up 5,6,7 and give the fans some think to cheer but looking at the lap times well 0.4 from colin may not look much but give that away over 20 odd laps well you do the sums.

Reply to this Topic
snailspace

Jul 09

snailspace says:

toesland british gp

It takes a combination of many things to make a good season in moto GP and Many a great Rider have failed to get the results in the premier class, and whatever the problem is with JTs results this year i'm sure its not down, to him not giving 100%. James is going to be the loser in all this if he doesn't pull the results towards the end of the end of the season, so lets just get behind him and give him the support he deserve's for getting in motogp in the first place, any of you that have raced a bike at any level know what he is up against. So "GO JT", Here's one English man who's behind you whatever the outcome!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

so is he in the top 10 or the last 8 mmmh?

Well, considering the consistantly faster Colin Edwards is facing the last chance saloon on the basis he didn't win as Rossi's team mate and hasn't on the tech3 bike and his age being against him, then what can we assume for our jc  i mean jt ? Colin is yet again best tech3 bike by far and this is Toseland with the technical team he wanted (and in his own words) "fighting for his job" not to mention for his hoards of loyal deluded ticket buying fans then sorry James you failed!! ,full tank of petrol today nice shiny new tyres a dry track a time to impress your team and wage payers and prove all us doubters wrong I think?, you didn't!! just more of the same!!, well there is always tomorrow ! ,failing that James please go home, the M1 is just outside the gate or if its Graceland you live at now,as you sound like more like Elvis every day (anyone else noticed?) Ah huh, thank you very much, then the airport is close too !! for the sake of your fans good luck for the race (and it would be ) failing that don't forget your toothbrush!, and see you next year getting whooped by the riders who have moved onwards and upwards on a superbike.. (just to be contentious I add !)

Reply to this Topic
hotscott

Jun 07

hotscott says:

Lack of Support

Isn't it funny how if a brit rider doesn't win everyone puts the boot in! I've been dissapointed with JT's results but I'm still willing him on. Maybe if he had better support he might be further up there.Also it's not just me noticing the gulf between Tech3 and Fiat Yamaha this year is it. JT and Edwards were closer to the sharp end. I think Yamaha have made sure they're not so close! Go James

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

Go James there is plenty of support for you, just regular anti JT posts here singing the same tune!

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

within 3 places

of Edwards is an improvement and well in front of a recently improving Hayden are two good markers of improvement, if he can close on Edwards he has done well.

Edwards is a lot better rider than many think.

Like someone below said, there isnt a bad rider in GP.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices