Skip to content

Discuss This Hesketh lives on! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Hesketh lives on!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Hesketh lives on!

Hesketh - one of the greatest names in British motorcycling is getting a new lease of life – as an electric scooter manufacturer! Motorcycles for sale The rights to Hesketh, the ill-starred, V-twin superbike which was launched by Lord Hesketh in 1983, folded twice, and has since struggled on as a one-man cottage industry, have been taken up by Manchester-based entrepreneur Paul...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 July 2009 16:05)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scorpiomia

May 09

scorpiomia says:

I'll be damned

Next you're going to tell me that Norvil is still making production racers.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Very like the Vectrix

From the website the scooters look very like the Vectrix. Whilst they are probably quite good for short range commuting the range isn't sufficient to get rid of my bike yet.

Why are all electric bikes scooters? I would much rather have a motorcyle form factor - even if its automatic say something like a GSX600F with the bottom of the "fairing" full of batteries would do the trick.

Reply to this Topic
markhenchman

Jul 09

markhenchman says:

Hesketh Motorcycles Ltd

Good luck, Paul, nice to see a Britsh entrepeneur willing to take on what will be at the forefront of innovation and development in relatively new technology. I hope it sells well and you expand your product range. I like it, it's got a future. Electricity to charge the batteries can be made, petrol comes from a limited natural resource. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the price of petrol will only increase as the worldwide resources are depleted whereas electricity, in comparison, will be cheap. A British company at the forefront of new innovation and technology is what this country needs, we did it in the industrial revolution, we did it with canals, we did it with trains, we did it with the hovercraft, we did it with the jet engine, why not electric bikes too? Triumph came back, so have Royal Enfield and Norton, now Hesketh! Be BSA next, you can already get all the parts for a Vincent Black Shadow. Any more British bikes I've missed, sorry, but I wouldn't be surprised if you all made a come back. MADE IN BRITAIN stamped on the frame would make me proud to ride it.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Hesketh is not exactly one of the great names known in British biking. I reckon the vast majority of people, even bikers are not even aware of Hesketh, no nothing of the makers history and care little for the brand. I've heard of the name but no nothing of their past, people in their 50's and 60's might remember them but are they likely to go out looking for a scooter? I think not. Do some market research and you'll find the majority of scooter buyers are young, in their teens or early 20's. Those folk would not have heard of Norton or BSA let alone Hesketh. They need to re-brand and come up with a more modern techno brand name that befits the product not hark after a past that no one knows of today.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Touche Wings

A rather euphemistic 'great' as in 'Great' Britain. Hesketh is / was an obscure little British brand making sinfully ugly unreliable bikes in the seventies. Lets hope the scoots prove to be the polar opposite. Brand recognition is the last thing this Mr Hesketh needs!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices