You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > 21 yr old rider

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Russcoopey

Jul 09

Russcoopey says:

21 yr old rider

hi, im 21 looking to do my direct bike course, i was jus wondering, once passed, will i b able 2 ride ne bike? im planning on getting a zx6r?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 July 2009 18:48)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rizlajon

Nov 08

rizlajon says:

oooo

yea you can ride anything well accept my missis :lol:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Insurance

I hope you're rich.

Reply to this Topic
Davchef

Mar 09

Davchef says:

Insurance

Once you have passed your DAS you can ride any bike but with you being only 21 the insurance will be sky high, expect to pay around the £1000 mark full comp.

Ninja's are nice bikes but they like the new R6 are aimed at the more experienced riders.

I started off on an SV650s and im now moving up yo a vfr800 vtec.

My insurance on the SV with 7 years experience on 125cc and 3 years no claims still came in a £440 fully comp but that also included some serios haggling.

I have been told and this works, speak to someone on the phone thay are allowed to change the quote by up to £30 when speaking to you directly

Dav

Reply to this Topic
NRS6282

Apr 09

NRS6282 says:

Insurance

You must be joking! I am 27, been driving car since 17, full no claims on car, no accidents or convictions. I cannot get fully comp on my brand new 6r ninja for under a grand! one insurance company quoted me 8 thousand something on the internet and then had the cheek to ring me and ask me if I was interested, I asked him if he was taking the piss, after explaining to him why I had said this I think he realised that it was a waste of time them ringing me.

Reply to this Topic
LabRat66

Jul 09

LabRat66 says:

Insurance

My insurance was £160 fully comp and I thought that was pricey for a 600 Kwaka! :lol:

Insurance is pricey to keep young lads down on cc's. I have not got enough fingers for the people I know who got killed as I was getting older! Young lads have sharper reactions but not experienced to notice a "situation" about to happen on the road. If you have to have a 250 find some bendy roads to enjoy, burn off all those 1000cc machines!:wink: 

Reply to this Topic
jdavies123

Mar 04

jdavies123 says:

insurance

I had an 03 cbr600 at the age of 17 (5 years ago). Insurance was 1300tpft. Its now 380 with 4 years NCB on a RR8.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices