Skip to content

Ask an Expert Sprint St 1050 Battery problems Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Sprint St 1050 Battery problems

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ExiledRedBaron

Jul 09

Sprint St 1050 Battery problems

I've had lots of bikes over the last 30 years (including two Sprint ST's) and never a problem with batteries. However, since I got my Sprint St 1050 I have had problems starting because the battery is frequently flat. Has anyone had the same problems with the ST 1050 ? (BTW - getting the battery out is a major exercise compared to the older Sprint ST models).

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (30 July 2009 09:33)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

I have 955 ST

and mine was the same, prob due to the alarm. (only if I left it for more than a couple of weeks. If started every day it was ok)I have an optimate fitted now whilst in my garage, and have had no problems since. (same battery)

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

batteries

I`ve had batteries made in china/taiwan and they only last 18months and struggle too hold charge,:upset: When the battery is a long job getting it out,I suggest you buy a yuasa made in japan,these will hold charge for weeks even with an alarm as i did on my fjr:biggrin: 

Reply to this Topic
ExiledRedBaron

Jul 09

Sprint ST 1050 Battery problems

Thanks for the tip. Have ordered a yuasa.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices