Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Triumph Thunderbird vs. the best of the rest First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Triumph Thunderbird vs. the best of the rest

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Triumph Thunderbird vs. the best of the rest

MCN has already discovered that although the new Triumph Thunderbird is a great bike, it still can't tempt riders who have their hearts set on a Harley. But how does it compare to the other cruiser competition? Visit the Triumph Thunderbird launch centre Find a cruiser for sale Watch the video test to find out how it stacks up against the Victory Vegas...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (31 July 2009 11:22)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

best of the rest

the beautiful Arlen Ness designed Victory would be my choice. And after reading the artice is seems to have some real performance to back up those looks too

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Victory

Really like the trumpet, but would go for the 8-ball. Having said that though, I would probably pay the lil' bit extra for the Kingpin 8ball instead as I think it just has the edge on looks and I like footboards.

Reply to this Topic
TTFan3C

Jul 04

TTFan3C says:

Thunderbird

I don't like the looks of the engine at the Victory, but the Thunderbird looks well! 

Reply to this Topic
mobit101

Sep 06

mobit101 says:

Best of the rest ?

Victory takes sales from HD, which is more than can be said of Triumph. Also, who wants to buy a Triumph that looks like a Harley ? The 8 Ball was the only bike that didn't grind it's pegs through the bends, was preferred by two of the three testers but still the Triumph won the test. Eh ? As for the absurd comment about "only good for a two hour thrash on a Sunday" thank god he wasn't testing a R1. Would that be only good for a five minute blast on a Bank Holiday ? For the price of the Thunderbird you can buy a Dynaglide FXDC or an 8 Ball with a Stage One tune, shotgun pipes, a pillion seat and hard panniers. Or wait till they launch the Victory Cross Roads, which will definitely take sales from Triumph, HD and Jap Harley clones.

Reply to this Topic
Phaeton

Mar 09

Phaeton says:

The thinking mans cruiser.

Victory does indeed take sales from Harley, but once the Thunderbird has been on the market for 6 months people will begin to understand it. Cruisers are supposed to be 'cool', and the Triumph badge will turn more heads than a Harley or Victory badge. The brand is inherently cool, and is known for making cool bikes (Scrambler, Bonneville - even the sports bikes are cool!) and, to top it all off, extremely good bikes (hence ALL the awards worldwide).

I'd buy the Thunderbird over a Harley or Victory any day of the week. It's cool, not brash. The thinking mans cruiser I'd say.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices