Skip to content

Discuss This Latest pictures of Ducati 1098 Multistrada New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Latest pictures of Ducati 1098 Multistrada

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Latest pictures of Ducati 1098 Multistrada

New pictures have emerged of Ducati’s new 1098 superbike-powered Multistrada replacement.     Find a Ducati Multistrada for sale The pictures tell us little more than previous spy-shots of the new bike, which will use the 1099cc Testastretta Evoluzione liquid-cooled v-twin from Ducati’s 1098 superbike, not the newer 1199cc from the 1198 as reported elsewhere. Ducati Multistrada replacement: top 5 rivals rated The chassis is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 August 2009 11:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
EdinburghFalco

Mar 09

This could be a great bike, can't wait to see it, hear it and ride it in the flesh

Reply to this Topic
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

People Really Buy This Bike?

The old Multi lacks the sexiness associated with Ducati.  A barely competent bike for it's purpose to boot.  The new Multi will undoubtedly be ugly as sin too.  I'd much rather see the ST4 come back.  In fact, I want it to come back badly.  Ducati should concentrate more on the sporty side of the bike industry IMO.  It's what they do best.

Reply to this Topic
2FAST4YOU

Jun 07

2FAST4YOU says:

Multistrada

Well it does look better than the old one then again thats not to hard to do

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

I can see a 1098 supermotard in that

Reply to this Topic
Stradacaster

Oct 08

Stradacaster says:

5 "rivals"?

Ducati need not even think about these 5 good bikes as rivals.  None of them quickens the heart, warms the blood, nor satisfies the mind quite like the Ducati--- any Ducati.  I am speaking from the standpoint of a Ducatista who is typically blind to the falts (few though they may be) of my favorite brand.

The point is that Ducati  knows their market well (as does BMW) and does not design motorcycles to "compete" for the hearts and minds of low-commitment riders!  Ducatista will love this bike (some more than others, some less than others), and as they do with all Ducati, will salute when they see one.

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

eye of the beholder

A bike only a mother could love

Reply to this Topic
Patioclose

Jul 06

Patioclose says:

"A barely competent bike for it's purpose to boot. "

You surely would not be saying this if you'd actually properly ridden one? Please be assured my bike and I are extremely competent at real road riding. (I mean going around bends fast and slowing down for the straights!) As for the looks, well that depends on your point of view. But I'm glad not to be a sheep.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Wonder how much it'll cost?

Reply to this Topic
Aero65

Feb 06

Aero65 says:

Wait until you see it before criticising the styling

Comments about the styling are irrelevant until we can see one without all the disguise and camouflage. The Multistrada is a strange looking bike but supremely capable on the road, and odd looks seem to be expected for this class of bike. Just look at the BMW GS series and try to tell me with a straight face that it's a good looking bike, yet BMW sell them by the truckload despite dodgy reliability.

I among others hope that Ducati get around to producing a 1098 based ST to succeed the late lamented ST4S, I need another ST!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices