Skip to content

Discuss This Randy de Puniet confirms Tech 3 Yamaha talks MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Randy de Puniet confirms Tech 3 Yamaha talks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Randy de Puniet confirms Tech 3 Yamaha talks

Randy de Puniet has confirmed to MCN that he is in talks about a ride in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for 2010. The French rider is one of several contenders vying for a slot in Herve Poncharal’s squad, with Hector Barbera and Chris Vermeulen also linked with Tech 3. Current riders Colin Edwards and James Toseland both want to stay,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (04 August 2009 10:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dskyrme

Aug 05

dskyrme says:

tech 3

dream on

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

I'd like to see Colin Edwards stay. JT hasn't really done enough to warrant a seat. But the big question is... If Lorenzo moves...who will fill his boots and play second fiddle to Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

motogp

well it wont be j.t.,thats for sure

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

The only obvious rider to replace lorenzo is pedrosa. He has previously said he would never be a teammate to lorenzo,  so he will have no ride plus he is the only other rider at the moment that can mix it at the front  most of the time.

Reply to this Topic
chinoV

Feb 09

chinoV says:

fiat yamaha

If jorge move to honda for more money and to be no.1rider that leaves pedrosa as no.2. i dont think pedrosa would like to be no. 2 rider on the team. i could see pedrosa jumping to jorge's bike since fiat yamaha garage have already a wall seperating two riders that gives pedrosa a peace of mind even though rossi is in the other side of the garage. if that did not work colin will be back to factory ride and yamaha can use the money to put spies on tech 3 bike.. beside colin and rossi are friends i believe rossi will be more than happy to have coiln on the other side of the garage so he doesn't have much of a competition in the team.. i just dont see two jorge and pedrosa in the same garage since they both eant to be no.1

Reply to this Topic
chinoV

Feb 09

chinoV says:

JT

I think JT  should focus getting a ride with suzuki if he doesn't want to go back at WSBK next year cuz i dont think he will be with yamaha this year atleast on moto gp... maybe on WSBK as a replacement  spies..

Reply to this Topic
bugref

Nov 08

bugref says:

I believe they will give a room for Ben Spies, so probably they take 1 rider in Tech3. and put Spies in Tech3.

Reply to this Topic
ROSSIMAD

Oct 07

ROSSIMAD says:

Wake Up

Wake up you idiots, you obviously don't read MCN. Lorenzo IS staying with Fiat Yamaha

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Tech 3

Sadly i think the only way JT will remain with Tech 3 next year is if he can finish inside the top 6 for the rest of the season,which i cant see happening if i'm totally honest.Edwards will be with the team next year,he is contracted directly by Yamaha and they want him to stay with Tech 3.The second rider option is directly down to Herve unless Ben Spies wants to go to Tech 3 next season and is another rider contracted directly by Yamaha.With vermeulen pretty much offering to ride for no money and several other riders in talks with the team,riders that can possibly also bring with them sponsorship,you have to believe that things don't look good for James with the Tech 3 team.He said in the past he only wants to ride for Yamaha which could be just talk,but he and Burnett really should be looking at the other satellite teams if he is to stay in moto gp.I still think one of the Honda teams would be his best bet,more competative than the satellite Ducati but as he's won world championships in superbikes for both maybe he has a good chance with either.Whatever happens i just hope JT will remain in Moto GP next year.He's won 2 WSB titles and has nothing left to prove in that series.If he does leave Moto GP at the end of the year maybe BSB would be a good move as he hasn't won the BSB title yet and that would be good from the fans point of view to see him racing back home if all else fails.Moto GP is where he should stay though,he hasn't shown his true potential there yet.He's also a good PR draw for any potential GP team as well.

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

tech 3

JT & Edwards will be out of tech 3 at the end of the season & Spies & DePuniet in... If Jorge goes to Honda then Pedrosa will be out & they'll keep Dovi, cos he's turned the Honda around since he's been developing it... Pedrosa had a few seasons & has proved that he can crash & when he stays on it he capable of winning, but is too inconsistent...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices