Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati ponder Ben Spies swoop MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati ponder Ben Spies swoop

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati ponder Ben Spies swoop

Ducati has joined the race to sign in-demand World Superbike sensation Ben Spies. The Texan has become the most sought after rider for 2010 with a series of dazzling WSB performances that have made him top target for several MotoGP teams. Suzuki and Yamaha have already been in serious discussion with Spies about a 2010 deal and now Ducati is keen to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 August 2009 13:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

not a cat in hells chance will ben or any good rider risk throwing there career away at ducati the only rider that can ride that bike is stonner hayden will have to endure another painfull season on the damm thing untill ducati make a rider friendly bike no good rider unless its for the money will go ride it

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Yeah Right!

Hey Suppo can you say "Wishful thinking"? No rider with his stock as high as Ben wants to ride the factory Ducati let alone a satellite one in MotoGP. Ben is already kicking Ducati's ass in WSBK when he stays upright and the Yam doesn't let him down.  I would say Ben has an almost ZERO chance of riding a Ducati in MotoGP or WSBK next year.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

Ben's options

i dont think the Ducati option is that risky for a rider like Ben in Moto GP, at least the factory give direct support to the private  team - and Kallio is starting to nudge top 6 finishes (better than Toseland on an M1 Yamaha). The factory Suzuki teams, private Honda teams, and Tech 3 Yamaha aint exactly going to see you fighting for regular podiums are they?

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

interested

And tell me who is,nt? Has Ben ever raced a ducati? His style is very stonerish and im sure he would master it so long as a few hard falls didnt dent the confidence. Ben only really has 2 choices in my eyes and thats yamaha Tech3 or stay for another year in WSB's.

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

Never say never!

While I think Spies can do better than a Satellite Ducati for 2010, Kallio is proving that it isn't as bad as it used to be. Ironically it would mean that Canepa gets booted in favor of Spies! Canepa was the guy who beat Spies at the Indianapolis Test  last year and then got a MotoGP ride out of it, while Ben went on to make history in WSBK.

All conjecture aside I think Tech3 would be the best bet for him with the Factory Suzuki a close second.

Reply to this Topic
glenndavis06

Feb 08

glenndavis06 says:

Ben

Not even hayden can ride that bike. Ben would never make that dumb choice to go to duc, he will stay where he is if he is smart develop that bike more when some tittels make some money and have a good career

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ducati???

I think any rider would be very disappointed if they ended up on the Ducati its like the booby prize of gp rides . Mind you I wouldnt might a blast on it :P

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

Ducati may be on to something actually?...

I know it seems (well, is!) as though no one other than stoner can master the Ducati.. But!.. Hayden has deffinetly learnt how to ride it now, he just needs to keep making those crucial steps, and I think Kallio will get there eventually aswell, he is a very underestimated rider and is young so will learn quicker than some "older" riders.

Now as for Spies... I think the lad will go well straight from the crate! He rides like stoner, (like he stole it!) And isnt bothered by the bike moving about, alot! He has also proved several times in the past couple of years that he can jump from 1 machine to another and get up to pace VERY quickly! (Suzuki GSXR1000 in AMA, Suzuki GSVR in motogp last and now the Big bang R1!) U can bet a fairly sizable amount safely in my opinion that b4 the WSB year is up Yamaha will at least offer him a "test" of some description on the M1, even if it is to just try and tease him into staying with them! If they dont, there a bunch of t**ts!!

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Bayless did it - so can Spies

If Ducati forks up the (big) money and promises Spies that they will support him with anything he asks for he will probably take their offer. He is capable of winning on a competitive bike in his first year. No one worries this man, not even Rossi. I think Rossi is one of the best men ever to swing a leg over a motorcycle - but so is Spies. Bayless, who is also in that category of rider did it on the Duc. Let the games proceed!

Reply to this Topic
ztlan

Aug 09

ztlan says:

I hope is not all about the money with Ben. Where was Ducati at the end of 2008???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices