Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reluctant for off track fight with Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reluctant for off track fight with Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reluctant for off track fight with Jorge Lorenzo

Reigning world champion Valentino Rossi is hoping his MotoGP title fight with Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo doesn’t spill over into a bitter off-track scrap. Despite some fierce on-track battles in 2009, Rossi and Lorenzo’s rivalry has not yet turned into a bitter of words. And 30-year-old Rossi is hoping to keep it that way as he looks to build on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (05 August 2009 13:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

Lorenzo's Arsehole

A noble gent commented here that Lorenzo doesn't exhibit the antics of the arsehole.   Well, not now he doesn't,  but he has to have acting lessons and psychotherapy sessions at the races so that he can be as arsehole free as possible,   after his disastrous start to the motogp game, when his little arsehole was truly on fire.

I agree that mindgames are part of professional sport now,  and I would wager a beer or two that this story was engineered by someone in Rossi's Posse to screw up Lorenzo's peace of mind during the little break that they have,  and mindfuck him, er, so to speak.    Rossi is a wily old fox, and I'm sure he took great delight in saying "I didn't of course call  Lorenzo an ARSEHOLE" - Now, what sticks in your mind after that.  Its impossible to get the picture of Rossi saying that he didn't call him an arsehole,  but the question remains that he may well THINK hes an arsehole - and this will get to Jorge, as Vale well knows.

My tuppence worth of arse on this subject!

Reply to this Topic
Defiant1

Aug 09

Defiant1 says:

Oh No ...

You utter, utter BASTARD, mickdel. How dare you call perfection personified and the greatest, most intelligent, talented, clever, funny and wonderful man-God that ever walked the face of this humble Earth or swung a sexy leg over a motorcycle, " old " ? And you also likened him to a feral animal - how dare you? You understand what this means, mickdel - don't you? You will be slagged-off on the MCN posts for flaming months and burn like white phosphourus in the hellfires of damnation forever! Ohhhhh, shit - you've really done it now, mate. The Stoner (and everybody else) haters and crazed Rossi worshippers will slow-roast your buttocks over low, glowing embers. It'll make Joan of Arc look like a family BBQ. Take it all back - quick - B4 it's all too late. Speaking for myself, I thought your tuppence worth was thoughtful, intelligent and well-said. Which makes a very welcome and refreshing change from the dross usually dribbled here. Your post was worth - ahhh, let's see - easily 10 quid. Well done!

Reply to this Topic
greenhat

Jan 09

greenhat says:

Lorenzo - real threat

Rossi is a great rider, no doubt, but from the  way his team celebrated at Circuit de Catalunya (cracking race) they see Lorenzo as the major threat this year.

Lorenzo, i believe has Rossi's number and they both know it! It is just a matter of time before Lorenzo gets the little drop of luck which will turn the tide and then i believe we'll see Rossi's "charm offensive" move in to top gear, will it faze Lorenzo? I don't think it will.....7 races left ....the pressure's on both riders but it is Rossi's to lose......c'mon Jorge!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
hondarc30

Jul 09

hondarc30 says:

oh no...not again...

Sounds to me as though Defiant1 is trying to be different by being dis-agreeable. You have all the hallmarks of being a "Closet Rossi Fan", how you protest at even the slightest hint that some commentators infer Rossi is great.

Perhaps you should look in the mirror and tell yourself 50 times before bedtime that Rossi is the best, it may help you come out of the closet and get off the fence, or perhaps you have been sat on the fence for so long that you have impaled yourself on one of the posts....ouch....  

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Hmmmmm

Mickdel, i dont consider 3 poles in the first 3 races and also a win inside that mix. Sure he has had crashes, big one for sure, but everyone has crashes, Lorenzo is a great for sure, and possibly the future of yamaha. Just because some members of FOREIGN press minipulate things they 'supposedly' said, shouldnt ruin what looks to be a great battle.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Hmmmmm

Mickdel, i dont consider 3 poles in the first 3 races and also a win inside that mix. Sure he has had crashes, big one for sure, but everyone has crashes, Lorenzo is a great for sure, and possibly the future of yamaha. Just because some members of FOREIGN press minipulate things they 'supposedly' said, shouldnt ruin what looks to be a great battle.

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

Rossi- lover or hater

It doesn't matter if your a Rossi fan or not, his long, consistent record speaks for itself. From 125, 250, 500, 990 and 800cc bikes. He didn't get here for lack of skill or intellignece. The fact I find amazing is his 15 years of racing at the top and no serious injuries. The media loves controversy because it sells magazines, newspapers and gets people to view websites and TV. Rossi is media savvy and has played them before. It is the tail wagging the dog. Like it or not, Rossi is a legend in the making.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices