Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Survey: how’s the BBC doing? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Survey: how’s the BBC doing?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Rupert Paul  says:

MotoGP Survey: how’s the BBC doing?

We’ve seen ten races and got to the summer break. So how good is the BBC’s exclusive live coverage of MotoGP? And how is British Eurosport, which at one point looked to have lost its broadcasting rights, fighting back? var PDF_surveyID = '6DC32385BEDCD3C2'; var PDF_openText = 'Click here to complete the survey'; Click here to complete the survey   We want to know...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (05 August 2009 16:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
daveb

Aug 02

daveb says:

Matt Roberts - excellent, does a great job on MotoGP.com Suzi Perry - charming, interested and interesting Neil Spalding - no-one else comes close for technical insight Randy Mamola - has a near-perfect insight into rider and tyre performance Toby Moody - excitable, knowledgeable, passionate Julian Ryder - a bit like a tubby, bespectacled version of God Charlie Cox - never raced a bike in his life, no insight, no understanding, hopelessly banal Steve Parrish - no technical insight, superficial rider knowledge, hobbled by the Beeb's demands to explain everything as if the viewer had never seen a motorcycle before in their life Big shout out to Keith Heuwen who, with Julian Ryder (and one Carl Fogarty), transformed WSB. If the Beeb can't bring themselves to replicate the Eurosport team, then please, pretty please give Cox and Parrish the boot and bring in Keith and Julian.

Reply to this Topic
speed_freekzxr750rr

Feb 08

steve parish

i have never heard someone talk so much dross, he thinks he is betta than rossi

Reply to this Topic
agixerman

Feb 06

agixerman says:

Daveb, very eloquently put and I agree with most of what you say. Certainly bring Keith Hugeone back from the wilderness of NASCAR! I like the little half hour build up articles that the Beeb do before races, a good example was the Donington build up.

The one thing that annoys me with Eurosport is you never know whether you're going to get Toby & Julian. Carlton Kirby and James Hayden just don't cut it. Eurosport made a big thing Jules & Toby commentating in their pre season trailers and we've only had them for about four races.

Reply to this Topic
retina

Feb 09

retina says:

adverts

BBC way better, the eurosport  innane drivell does my head in it's comentry for the retarded dd in the race is 1hr late and they stick bloody adverts in every 2 minutes - Eurosport were crap even when they had live coverage

Reply to this Topic
ROSSIMAD

Oct 07

ROSSIMAD says:

Agree

I have already said that my dream commentary team would be Parrish, Ryder, Mamola, Burnicle. However i do agree with daveb, having Huewan and Ryder again but Motogp instead of World Superbikes would be a great idea, definetly

Reply to this Topic
ROSSIMAD

Oct 07

ROSSIMAD says:

Agree

I have already said that my dream commentary team would be Parrish, Ryder, Mamola, Burnicle. However i do agree with daveb, having Huewan and Ryder again but Motogp instead of World Superbikes would be a great idea, definetly

Reply to this Topic
solsland

Jan 03

solsland says:

BBC Coverage

Shame your survey didn't ask if we thought enough time was devoted to the coverage of MotoGP.

Very dissapointing when the coverage cuts away just as the race winner is about to lift the trophy and we miss out on post race interviews and for what.....

Repeats of bloody Eastenders!!

I would rather wait a couple of hours and watch coverage on Eurosport, at least they show the post race action.  I don't remember Grand Prix ever getting cut short!

Reply to this Topic
Pizzaboy

Sep 07

Pizzaboy says:

Revs are up

I'm going to stand up for the Parrish and Cox commentary team here. It's Sunday for chrissakes - I can handle a bit of banter with the race. The laid-back style is fine if you don't want your commenters as po-faced as constipated samurai. You get Moody and Ryder for the 125s and 250s anyway if you watch it direct from the BBC website. Still the voice of Moto GP for me...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
iMarcus

Apr 08

iMarcus says:

NO adverts

Retina, I keep reading about all these adverts that Eurosport supposedly have, but I've never seen them during the races.

however, one name I didn't see in the survey but would like to see on Moto GP commentary is James Whitham, IMO he's doing well on BSB at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

MotoGP on the BBC.

Well I've never seen Eurosport but I like the BBC coverage as far as it goes. I like Suzy and Steve in particular. I'm a bit dubious about Charlie Cox but Parish knows his stuff and needs a partner to banter with.

The problem is that the BBC haven't committed fully to MotoGP. Three hours of boring F1 coverage from Hungary followed by half that from our very own round of MotoGP! It doesn't matter that the general public aren't into bikes. They're not into tennis or athletics either, but they still enjoy watching them apparently, and they are interested in the technicalities.

The Donnington ratings were good because it followed the Hungarian F1, and the Sunday afternoon viewers must have been amazed to see some close racing afterwards for a change. It would have been even better to see the 125s and 250s. The BBC ought to recognise this and bring more depth to the broadcast. The MotoGP coverage feels rushed; squeezed into the schedule and likely to be pushed back. I think they've got a great opportunity and they're wasting it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices