Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Campaign: End the lost licences fiasco now General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN Campaign: End the lost licences fiasco now

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

MCN Campaign: End the lost licences fiasco now

MCN is demanding the DVLA end the lost bike licences fiasco by cutting corners off old licences and returning them to riders when replacements are issued.   Hundreds of motorcyclists tell of sending their licence to the DVLA to change details such as address only to get a replacement with entitlement to ride bikes missing. When they notify the DVLA they are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 August 2009 11:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STEVE-CBR6

Jul 08

STEVE-CBR6 says:

Done

Done and first one to sign :)

Reply to this Topic
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

DVLA

Done...and number 3 to sign the petition, although i hope more people sign as this will be the shortest one ever.

Reply to this Topic
SLIGHTLYMAD

Dec 05

SLIGHTLYMAD says:

petition

done, lts all get this rolling

i've always done a photo copy of my licence before sending it off

Reply to this Topic
FLATTRACKER

Dec 04

FLATTRACKER says:

Petition

Come on guys 17 signatures.This needs sorting,just think if someone turned round to you and said you don't have a bike license,hard luck! 

Reply to this Topic
Andy12R

Jul 09

Andy12R says:

Problem solved - i think!

I just spoke to DVLA and think i found a way around it - don't send your old licence back at all! Report it lost instead - that way if they cock up you have the old licence (that you luckily just found!!! ;-)) as proof. The fee for a lost licence is the same as for the 10 year photo renewal so thats what i'm going to do.

Reply to this Topic
fyne36G

Aug 09

fyne36G says:

lost licences

Hundreds lost?  Don't suppose this could be a ploy to force a retest on older bikers!

Reply to this Topic
hotscott

Jun 07

hotscott says:

DVLA muppets

It's not just bikes. I know a bloke who runs a skip firm who lost his HGV entitlement after sending his licence in and guess what DVLA had no record he'd passed so he had to re-take his test. It's poor that that they can't accept proof if you have it and re-instate the entitlements

Reply to this Topic
bluehazeboy

Aug 07

bluehazeboy says:

andny 23r is right on this ,report your licence as lost and when the devious looser assosiation say you.ve no entitlement then you have them by the balls[if they have any]

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

My licence...

... is hopefully managing to fight its way through the house of horrors in one piece at the moment (renewal).  Mine's with the DVLNI though... don't know if they're any better or worse or just the same.  I have copies of everything before I sent it off though :)  ... Anyway... gonna go sign that petition, cuz I'd be well p*ssed if they cocked it up.

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Just lose it

As mentioned by andy12R just lose it then if your new one comes back wrong find it again, no problem how can they contest your original?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices