Skip to content

Discuss This First pictures of S1000RR in race team colours New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > First pictures of S1000RR in race team colours

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Potter  says:

First pictures of S1000RR in race team colours

These are the first pictures of BMW’s official new S1000RR in race team colours.The new bike is the exact replica of the one raced by Troy Corser and Ruben Xaus in the  World Superbike championship. This bike is the top-spec model in the S1000RR's line-up. Expect to see three options available, a standard bike, a model with the full electronics package including...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (07 August 2009 08:31)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

All new BMW :)

I never really though I'd gel with a BMW but I had a good look over this at Goodwood and I have to say I was quite taken by it, its well made and looks nice, I don't even mind the odd front lights and if I had the choice of this or a R1 I think the BMW is the better built/looking bike by far. I am sure they will do well and one they get the setting they are after in WSB I am sure they will do well there too. I may even have to go and test ride one. Nice bike. :)

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Another good point about this bike is the exhaust, its a bit like the current R6. BMW have hidden most of it away on the underside of the bike thus improvings its looks greatly.

A big improvement over the ugly and huge looking exhausts on the current GSXR1000, ZX10 & R1 etc

Reply to this Topic
Benorourke

Aug 09

Benorourke says:

ooooh yeah

The black one looks better than any of the usual suspects in sports bike i think this bike is going to do well. good job to klaus and the crew at BMW

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Correcting MCN's Statement Above

I have the community for the S1000RR machines at BMWSuperBikes.com, so know about them more than the guy on the street.  The Motorsports colors, which is the white model with racing stripes is not the exact replica as the WSBK colors.  It's one of those rare instances that MCN gets it wrong. 

The WSBK bike has larger stripes/decals on the upper portion of the bike. And the street version has decals on the lower portion.

This an image link to the Motorsports color.

http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/S1000RR-49S.jpg

And an image link to the WSBK colors.

http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/S1000RR-20s.jpg

As for the headlights, the photos never do them justice, you should see this bike in person.  It's a game changer in every way.  BMW is offering you 200hp for 13,800US.  Ducati wants 66,000 and MV asks for 120,000 for 200hp machines.  Japanese 1000cc don't even offer them. 

Reply to this Topic
ROBBIE61

Jun 06

ROBBIE61 says:

Wink! Wink!

IMO an interesting rather than visually stunning bike- I always that the test of a beautiful design is how it looks without graphics? That said: I like these BMW moto-sport colours! In the past we have had 'Fox Eye' headlights and now BMW introduce 'Robinson Eye' headlights.... Although the S1000RR certainly can't afford to be the 'Weakest Link' in this category- there is every reason to believe it won't go home empty-handed. This bike is a welcome addition, whatever the graphics or colour scheme.

Reply to this Topic
paulqc

Jun 09

paulqc says:

Fingers crossed.

I placed my order for this bike in July, 2008.  I put down a reasonable deposit, thinking it would probobly be the first to do so, and found out that I was already the fith person, at that dealer to stump up the deposit.  For a all-new bike from BMW, it's certainly getting the attention!!

Reply to this Topic
obie01

Aug 09

obie01 says:

s1000rr

Went in to a BMW dealer in Brisbane Australia and asked about the bike they wanted $26,500 AUD or 14,500 GPB for the top speck bike i feel there just trying to rip us of down under it seem like the sales team think we are stupid people here and a Japanese super sports bikes CBR, R1, GSXR, ZX10 $18,500 approximately on road.
BMW doesn’t relies super sports bike Market is tough to be in, and in today and dumped tomorrow
I could not see any difference in the quality of the BMW bike to Japanese Bike for $26,500 that $8000 more, imagine the gear i could buy for bike Japanese Super Supers Bike a real killer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices