Skip to content

Discuss This First-ever Kawasaki Ninja at Brands Hatch BSB British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > First-ever Kawasaki Ninja at Brands Hatch BSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

First-ever Kawasaki Ninja at Brands Hatch BSB

Geoff Johnson’s 1984 Production TT-winning  Kawasaki GPZ900R will be paraded at Brands Hatch this weekend during the 25th Anniversary of the Ninja. The bike was run at the ’84 TT by Plymouth dealership GT Motorcycles, only weeks after the GPZ900R had been launched in America as the Ninja. “We saw a chance and took it” says Mike Grainger, of GT Motorcycles. “Geoff...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (07 August 2009 11:34)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
XRWoody

Oct 05

XRWoody says:

GPZ 900

1984 TT ?  Geoff Jonson ?  I remember it well, he sure was a star rider :)

What a great bike the GPZ was.  I had one and it was a great bike, wish I still had it :)

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

ninja

I had a kwak as my first bike - a little kh100EX, which I thought was gorgeous at 17 (and i'd love one again - it was a little cracker),  but taking a bird to see Top Gun I remember her swooning at the topless blokes,  and I was starstruck by something as beautiful as the gpz..  I couldnt get it out of my head,   and on the odd occasion I saw one (it was norn iron)  I used to stand gawping at it for ages.  

The ninja was the only safe big proddie bike of those times i think - the gsxr was a widow maker, and the yam had no ground clearance.      I've seen ryan farquhar race his zx10s over the last few years,  and hes kickin ass. Spectacular on the roads,   and he shows what the bike is truly capable of.    Love one of those as well !

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

GPz900

What a great bike it was . I had a few kawasakis Liked the KR1s best of all , Sstupidly fast for a 250 , great track bike

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

i doubt many modern bikes will stand the test of time like some of these

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

An Iconic machine indeed

Rode one of these in their day, what a fantastic machine it was too. Although not ground breaking like the GSXR750 it had a stonking engine, a solid dependable ride and gorgeous looks. A much better bike than the GPX1000 that followed it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices