You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Honda VFR800vetec

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

tony2sheds

Aug 09

tony2sheds says:

Honda VFR800vetec

Can anybody help? My vfr800 has a delay when opening the throttle after slowing down to go over speed bumps etc, power comes in with a surge. I open the throttle and nothing happens for say 3 or 4 seconds then bang you get shot forward.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (09 August 2009 11:41)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

delay

:unsure: Your question rings a bell about bikes cutting out on a tilt switch ( spill ) for safety reasons,I think it was kcmc who answered the question,if he reads this topic i`m sure he`ll answer.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Oh by the way welcome to the mad house.:shock::shock: 

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

HONDA VFR 800 V-TEC 2002

Hi tony2sheds

Could be a couple of thinks,but check the throttle position sensor and the map sensor.Check the air filter isn't getting clogged,check the pressure regulator on the end of the injector rail(the back bank of throttle bodies).And check the fuel tank for water or debris,this also could be getting into the fuel pump and injector rail.All electric parts can be tested for resistance,continuity and vacuum,you will find in a work shop manual.If i find one i will post it for you!! Good Luck

K.C.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices