Skip to content

Discuss This Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl talks Harley trikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl talks Harley trikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl talks Harley trikes

When it comes to rock stars, they don’t come much cooler than Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana etc) – or so we thought until we saw the ad he recently made for Harley. Grohl says he got into bikes while recording legendary Nirvana album Nevermind in LA , has since owned a variety of Hogs and even that his music and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 August 2009 11:42)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
muthaf9cka

Jan 06

muthaf9cka says:

Women

"I married Dave Grohl and made him buy the motorcycle equivalent of a station wagon."

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

Twat

What a twat! I do realize that he seems to genuinely enjoy riding but I doubt he'd ever consider stepping out of the Harley lifestyle because thats what it is: a lifestyle defined by a speciifc brand rather than a hobby defined purely by your own sense of enjoyment on ANY machine...

Its sad that most American celebs buy into this crap. Say what you will about Ewan and Charley, but they're 1000x harder than most of these celebs that ride their Harleys only to the Rock Store in order to pose

Reply to this Topic
ZeeGreg

Aug 09

ZeeGreg says:

Legend!

The guy is a legend!

But I have to agree - it's a shame his totally devoted to Harleys.

'Twat' is a bit harsh though ;-)

Reply to this Topic
phantom1539

Aug 09

phantom1539 says:

Are you sure?

I love Foo Fighters music, I like Harleys,but get real, since when is a three wheeler a bike? Bi, Tri, remember school? 2, 3. See. GO AND SORT YOURSELF OUT MR GROHL.

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Harleys. . .

. . . are great bikes; if all you do is look at them and listen to them at tickover.  Good thing Mr. Grohl is married.  If he had a KTM Duke 690 he'd be a chick magnet.

Reply to this Topic
damage7899

May 03

damage7899 says:

pies

Has Dave been on the pies, maybe this is why he needs a Harley

Legend musically and a total dissapointment motorcyclingly ( ?? )

I think i can forgive him as long as this sort of thing isn't in the press too much - do us a favour MCN and keep this sort of thing to yourself please

Reply to this Topic
ThruxtonBandit

Jul 09

Twat is too strong but...

I agree with the general vibe here. Grohl is a king but even he can’t make a trike appealing - 'bad-ass' it aint. I used to love Harley till I sat on one. He does have some lovely looking bikes but other than posing then they are pointless. Who knows - if I was a rock star maybe I’d be the same........... Defo wouldn’t have a trike though.

Reply to this Topic
DBunts46

Jan 09

DBunts46 says:

Twat?Calm down....

I agree with the points about the trike, cool they are not even with a Foo on board, but why the overreaction about Harleys? In my view (and I own a VMax, 350LC and just sold a 748R so not pidgeonholed in any subgroup) if you enjoy them for what they are they can be as much fun as anything else on two wheels. I rented a Low Fat Bob Boy (or whatever, i'm crap with the models) in California on road some fantastic mountain roads with my pal on his Triumph sprint and the ride was fantastic. Just enjoy what you ride, the more bikes I see and the higher profile they get the better it is for all of us. Have fun, ride loads!

Reply to this Topic
bigjames

Oct 02

bigjames says:

Dave Grohl talks Harley trikes

Geez, you all really get nasty about the Harley. Harelys are fun and simple to ride, period. No, not sport bikes and surely not the best handliing thing out there, but they are bullet proof (if ridden often, if not, well, let's just say they don't like to sit) and simple to ride. Also they are designed for the US and our conditions here, so I guess I can understand why Europeans might not "get it", lots of AMerican's don't either, until the mature a bit. Just saw the trike Dave talks about here. Looks like an old Servi-car to me. A Servi-car, like John Lennon used to own and I still do. They were cool. The old version was useless on a trip, this one might be ok. If you ever ride one of these strange beasts, you'll understand what Dave is saying. Set up right they are a trip, set up wrong, they are a trip to the hospital...stock and Harley means set up right, down to the modified steering geometry. Plus, Dave's wife might know something about his riding style that we are not privy too...

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

Anyone thats been in Nirvana can ride whatever the feck they like, without criticism.  IMHO!    I know hes got a shit load of fast cars too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices