Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: 'I pushed my body too hard' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: 'I pushed my body too hard'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: 'I pushed my body too hard'

Casey Stoner believes he pushed his body too hard in trying to overcome a mystery virus that has forced him to withdraw from the next three MotoGP races. The 23-year-old will not ride his factory GP9 machine in Brno this weekend or the back-to-back races in Indianapolis and Misano as he tries to overcome a mystery illness that had dogged him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 August 2009 15:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bakery

Feb 09

bakery says:

What does it take?

Spot on Fuller 46.

I suspect that if Casey actually died there would still be some tossers on here saying that he was probably doing it on purpose to avoid getting beaten by Rossi.

For someone at his level to absent himself voluntarily for three races and be prepared to tell his team and his sponsors that he won't be racing means a lot. Do you think Ducati would let him just him swan off for three races without being able to justify it? There are also professional medics prepared to back up his symptoms and confirm what he's saying.

He is not moaning and he is not whining. Unbelievably a lot of people on here are though.

Reply to this Topic
bakery

Feb 09

bakery says:

What does it take?

Spot on Fuller 46.

I suspect that if Casey actually died there would still be some tossers on here saying that he was probably doing it on purpose to avoid getting beaten by Rossi.

For someone at his level to absent himself voluntarily for three races and be prepared to tell his team and his sponsors that he won't be racing means a lot. Do you think Ducati would let him just him swan off for three races without being able to justify it? There are also professional medics prepared to back up his symptoms and confirm what he's saying.

He is not moaning and he is not whining. Unbelievably a lot of people on here are though.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

casey moaner

dont have a clue as to what the problem with stoner is but his behaviour after races (that he lost ) is very mansellesq,remember when he used to stagger about  having just won by a mile in a massively superior car to make out he won against all the odds ! last year it was stoners hand this time its a virus.maybe its true only time will tell.as much as i think the lad is a pillock i wouldnt want any harm to come to him though,lets face it kenny roberts ,carl fogarty ,and doohan werent exactly rays of sunshine either.heres a tip though casey,whilst recovering spend the time with colin edwards and hope some of his personality rubs off on you.

Reply to this Topic
motogprulez

Jun 08

motogprulez says:

Sprintst955 & belize1981

Moaning? If you were struggling with illness wouldn't u say so? and at least he has the decancy to admit the bike was great but it was just him himself. All he is doing is saying what the race was like for him which is what the pit lane media is asking him. If Rossi had an illness i think he would say so in a press conferance but everyone would be saying 'oh what a shame' give the bloody guy a break, he's risking his life for the public's viewing. Andbelize 1981 thinking 'he is quitting' i'd like to see u try to race at 200mph with a virus and carry on, absolute ridiculus claim.

Unlucky Casey hope it ain't nothing serious

Reply to this Topic
JoeMango

Jan 09

JoeMango says:

Or maybe the other year when he was killing everyone else he was actually that good, and now he that he's had injury and illness he's not as fast as he was, which makes perfect sense. Has he not proved to you how good a rider he can be? He's obviously riding and inferior bike as his team mates over the past few years have shown how hard it is to ride. Even Hayden who also beat your beloved Vale! Makes me sick the amount of stoner bashers and rossi lovers there are in the UK, now they all have an excuse to slag off stoner. Your all as bad as schumacher and man utd fans. Glory hunters.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

stoner get well soon

I know casey is not mr personality

but he has done things on that Ducati that other top level racers cannot seem to to

good luck casey get well soon, the champioship needs you Badly, otherwise the Fiat Yamaha team will contest the championships on ther own

Dani is a one round wonder , and Dovi is just off the pace

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

Lost the will to win?

I don't think Casey is faking it at all.

There have certianly been periods in my life where I've felt like I've had CFS and its hard to get out of bed in the morning, hard to go to the gym to do my daily exercise, etc., it requires MUCH more motivation than normal to get things done. Thankfully, I had enough in me to get everything except the exercise done.

BUT I do think if the mind is strong enough it can overcome anything - I think that Stoner has a strong mind - he wouldn't have been able 2 do as well as he has so far if he didn't, and he certainly wouldn't have been able to beat Rossi the number of times he did - esp when Rossi was strong (ie. not the times when Rossi's bike DNF). However, i dont think his mind is as strong as Lorenzo - who broke his bones and still went on to race, or Rossi who despite his age and # of championships still has a burning desire to win.

I think that Stoner is up there though, 3rd only to Lorenzo and Rossi in the heart stakes - he clearly has the anger/will necessary to tame the fiery Ducati and it says something that no1 so far has been able to except him.

I don't even think one can say he has no personality because to me, his personality is one of aggression and I like him because of it. He's certainly no mannequin a la Pedrosa.

I hope that he gets better soon and finds w/eva is needed inside him, to go back to racing as Rossi I'm sure, as well as his fans, will miss him greatly.

-A Rossi Fan

Reply to this Topic
kwakasak

Aug 09

kwakasak says:

what?

read your comment nostrodamus dated 11th aug about 20 times whats that all about could'nt make head nor tail of it!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh dear too cryptic

KwakaSak - Sak = sack = scrotum. Kwaka = green. i.e green balls. Green is an unhealthy colour for parts of one's anatomy. Green is also a rare and soon to be extinct colour (even though it's black at the moment - on no, off with his nads, don't matter, don't need 'em, he's a pussy really) in the MotoGP circus. Oh and that's NOT Melandri I'm alluding to.

Reply to this Topic
kwakasak

Aug 09

kwakasak says:

oh dear nostrodamus

I joined mcn recently to interact with like minded motorcyclists wether it be riding issues or the sport,i follow and support motogp,wsb and bsb i also give up my time voluntarily to marshall the sport at club level.

On the subject of the sport i support a few riders not just one eg in motogp rossi for his talent stoner for his outright skill in taming the ducati lorenzo for his balls out style jt for his constant effort edwards for his style and personality on and off track.All the riders deserve recognition for what they do,none of us could do it.

I look for a subject of interest to me then try to interact in an adult manner to be met with someone like youself who,as far as i can see,releases a tyrade of immature drivel upon anyone who is not interested in the same things you are or supports a different rider to you .As you've stated in the past i am finding this tediously boring already.Also as you stated earlier re removing tongues from certain members backsides because they support  said rider ,i think you need to remove your head from yours,i'm sure others will agree.

I will in future be scrolling straight past your comments  they have no consequence to anything other than your own rude pompous oppinions  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices