Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: 'I pushed my body too hard' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: 'I pushed my body too hard'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: 'I pushed my body too hard'

Casey Stoner believes he pushed his body too hard in trying to overcome a mystery virus that has forced him to withdraw from the next three MotoGP races. The 23-year-old will not ride his factory GP9 machine in Brno this weekend or the back-to-back races in Indianapolis and Misano as he tries to overcome a mystery illness that had dogged him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (10 August 2009 15:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

Finally...

It is nice to hear some of you acknowledging Casey's riding although some of you have bagged his skill for atleast the last 18 months.

What i dont get is that the guy calls a spade a spade and that's moaning. But if he was a 2 faced media product like, oh i dunno, say Rossi or Lorenzo you'd be happy with that. Now you can go on and debate with me Rossi's on screen persona. But you dont win that many World Championships by accetping that 2nd place is good enough on certain days. If that was true do you think Rossi would have slid the front wheel twice in the pass on Lorenzo in Barcelona? No. He's not happy unless he wins. Personally i hate losing at anything. And if you jam a microphone in my face after losing anything, let alone a World Championship event, you could get anything from anger to frustration to exasperation.

But then again maybe you guys have raced at a world level and your thoughts are justified... Some how i think your more likely to do a disillusioned tool.

Reply to this Topic
Hisnibbs

May 08

Hisnibbs says:

Leave the poor kid alone

Leave the kid alone . there can be nothing worse than being kicked when you're down. when he wins he is on a better bike and when he looses it's because he isn't good enough. just because the guy is lacking the charisma of Rossi doesn't mean it's Stoner bashing season. Haydon is a far more likeable character but he hasn't tamed the Duke like Stonor

Reply to this Topic
kwakasak

Aug 09

kwakasak says:

fair enough

fair comment travis73 and hisnibs i'm sure casey is distraught at the outcome of this season nobody would want it to end this way ,like i said earlier he is the only one who seems really capable of taming that beast also i respect not just one but multiple riders in the championship for thier differing style and the entertainment they bring to the sport ,i dare say none of us could do it 

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

casey moaner

to all his apologists.nobody doubts the boys talent ,he was awesome last year at donington for example and i certainly didnt boo him.but things like his pathetic little rant about people wanting him dead is ridiculous and childish.he just needs to grow up.and you lot making apologies for his brattish behaviour wont help him.

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

On his case again

Casey is such a quick rider. I feel sorry for him. He is only 23, there is time yet to win many more titles though. I think Sheene had this lethargic illness 'ME'  in 89 or thereabouts. Right when he was at his peak.  I saw Casey, when he was just 15, racing at a British championship round at Brands Hatch. He won the race and made everyone else look like club riders. When I raced in club races, I won many races, but only a couple of times,out of hundreds of laps were I happy with any particular bend or exit that I might have made at the max. If I thought I could make every bend every race, better than anyone I would have emigrated, got my folks to live in a camper in a Netto car park for a couple of years (something like that ) and would have tried to be number 1 in the world. This is Casey. With a  private Honda he so nearly won Philip Island, his first mototGP race. I really hope Casey just smiles and ignors these arsoles who slag him off. I'm sure anyone of them would say it's just a bit of a laugh. Well it has never been funny. You are just acting like primary school kids. I've seen some start to slag off Bradley cause is interested to talk about his bad luck to the press. Good grief.  Or is it a conspiracy to sour MCN chat forum. in favour of Crash Net?

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Get well soon! :)

I hope Casey gets well soon, love the way he rides the GP9 and after all, who knows any one of the riders, Rossi could be a murderer for all most people know..

Good luck Stoner and I look forward to watching you race again soon.

Best wishes from AN ENGLISH FAN! :)

Reply to this Topic
ivanvr

Jul 09

ivanvr says:

Strain 46 Virus

Incurrable

Reply to this Topic
chubbie

Aug 02

chubbie says:

How about this

Casey feels that things are so bad health wise he makes a big decision to take 3 races off to try and recover. He thinks to himself, "I'll fly home and spend some time with my family, get some sun on my belly, drink lots of beer, and shag my missus as much as possible". I think I'd agree with him! Valentino, Jorge and the rest will still be there next year.

Reply to this Topic
proliteguy

Jun 09

proliteguy says:

Glad to see the back of the moaning little twat, if he just applied 1% common sense to how he portrays himself off the bike he would have so much positive feeling towards getting back on the bike

Reply to this Topic
ultramagnus

Aug 09

ultramagnus says:

The solution

Oh Casey is tired, fatigued. I wish just he could work one long day of construction in NYC jst once (LMFAO!) I bet that would have  that pansy ass aboard the GP9 with a shite eating grin.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices