Skip to content

General Jailed bikers - is this fair? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Jailed bikers - is this fair?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

TRICKY203

Aug 02

TRICKY203 says:

Jailed bikers - is this fair?

Just  thought i would bring this subject back up as the justice system is becoming a total joke. As i was returning home from work the other day (in the car) when a news item came up. A bloke who had tried to commit suicide by driving the wrong way along the very busy M60 ring road, deliberately doing u-turns and crashing into other vehicles as well as speeding, had been sentenced, now don't forget that some bikers have been jailed for 12 months just for simple speeding on a virtually empty motorway,can you guess what sentence this guy got...... yep a nine month suspended for two years and banned for 12 months ..... now if that is not a case for dicrimination against us bikers then i don't know what is.. Can anyone beat that for a joke.This Government needs to get its head out of its own backside and get real with what is going on in its own country because personally i do not think they have a clue and if they do they don't really care:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 August 2009 08:42)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Gurmit731

Jun 09

Gurmit731 says:

Perhaps

the reason why cars get away with murder is that politicians can hide in cars but on a motorbike there is no where to hide. No protection from their real or imaginary assassins.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
samuraiguitars

May 06

To everyone else

We are rebellious, non-conforming outlaws.
Society hates anything different and the media hype any bad press and play down the good stuff we do. So we will always pay the price for not being sheep.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I saw

A clip of a car driving at 109mph.

The driver got banned and 2 months community order or some shite.

Last bike I heard about going at similar speeds got jail time, despite the substantially lower risk to anyone else.

Reply to this Topic
kevgar

Sep 03

kevgar says:

not fair but

do over a ton on a bike and your going down simples!!! it aint fair but you will never change it!! this country has always hated bikes and the people who ride them:mad:

Reply to this Topic
kayaksteph

Jul 09

kayaksteph says:

what

i find annoying is that if you do over a 100 in a car you can keep your licence(depends on the road). grrrrr:mad:

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

I'm assuming

Given that the guy was trying to commit suicide, his state of mind was taken into account and he was treated leniently because of some sense of 'diminished responsibility.':unsure:

Reply to this Topic
kevgar

Sep 03

kevgar says:

i think

i think the reason bikers get such a raw deal, is that the cops know bikes are constantly speeding and are harder to catch than cars. so when they do get one. they want to make a proper example of them. like i say it aint fair but what is in this wonderful country of ours?

Reply to this Topic
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

Kingdoms are run by kings.

Dictatorships are run by dictators.

Empires are run by Emperors.

This is a country

Reply to this Topic
kevgar

Sep 03

kevgar says: