You are in... Forums > General > General > Tattoos

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kayaksteph

Jul 09

kayaksteph says:

Tattoos

Trying to get minds off the subject of people being other people on here.:blink:

Does anyone have tattoos?

if so where and how big?

sorry for being so nosy. been thinking about getting one for ages but keep changing my mind.

Steph

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 August 2009 10:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

steph

will put photo's of them up after they've healed ,

pain ??? yes

worth it??? hell yes :wink::wink:

Reply to this Topic
kayaksteph

Jul 09

kayaksteph says:

cool

thanks, be good to see them:smile

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Do it when you're ready

I was against it (for me) for a very long time.  The fading / blurring was always an issue.  Then, at 40, I decided it was time to do it!

I now have a butterfly below my right ankle.  In the winter, it is hidden by my shoes, but in the summer it is on display when I wear sandals.  Perfik (for me)

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

Tattoo's

kayaksteph says:

thanks

guys for the help, really want a star on either my wrist or hip area, love the look off the star on the wrist but worried when im 90 how it will look, thats the only thing thats worries me and has stopped me so far.

thanks again.

Steph

When my wifes mother saw her first tattoo, her first question was, and what about when you're old and walking around an old folks home on your zimmer with a tattoo, my wife reply was, 'mother, all the other old fogeys will have tattoos too'

Simple fact is they're more common and socially acceptable than they ever were.

Suggestions
Think about why you buy a picture / poster / painting / sculpture, it speaks to you, DO NOT get a tattoo becuase it's cool, you wouldn't believe the number of people with celtic bands that still hang their heads in shame due to the embarrasment of having it 'just because' or having to tolerate the millions of others, especially if they were one of the few first ones to have one becuase they genuinely liked them, i know several who'd quite happily have them removed for this reason.
Visit all the tattoo parlours in your area, immediately disregard any that look unclean and/or have no photo albums displaying work by the resident artists.
A good tattoo artist will take the time to discuss your first tattoo with you, they know how important it is, a good tattoo artist will run a dry needle over the area you wish to have tattooed before you commit so that you can assess if you'll have the tolerance, (the fine lining needle is similar to a cat scratch, if you get tattooed on an area with nerve endings close to the skin it'll hurt more, the colouring / shading is barely noticeable in comparison.
I'd recommend also that you search through copies of skin deep and such for inspiration.
Most tattoo parlours wil have copies littered about for you to browse.
On a final and personal note, i'd avoid getting tattooed anywhere that cannot be covered by everyday / work type clothes, while they are more socially acceptable there are still many people who cannot see past a tattoo and this could be problematic in potential future job searches etc

Oh yes, to add also, fading is nothing to do with being exposed to sunlight, (with the exception of fresh ink which should never be exposed to strong sunlight or salt water / chlorinated water, especially red ink, has a nasty reaction to sunlight).
It's related to your bodies acceptance of the ink used, (cheap tattoists use cheap ink BTW), and your bodies resistance to the foreign body being injected and it's insistence on healing.
On detection of the ink as a foreign body your body will create a layer of collagen over the damaged area to repair it, some bodies do this more excessively than others and it is this that gives the impression of ink fading over the years

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

m1ks

well put that man !!!!

i can if req'd cover my body art up ??

but WHY THE FUGG do i wanna ??????

tis MY body & no 1 elses & i like it tattoed so fugg the kers that disagree with em >> thats their choice ( not mine ) , just remember EVERY tatt you get MEANS SOMMET to you ???? & fugg the w*nkers that disagree ( tis their problem ) not yours ,

weaz

Reply to this Topic
kayaksteph

Jul 09

kayaksteph says:

m1ks

thanks man for that great advise, i now have a place in mind and there not cheap. would never get a tat cos its cool or trendy, i would only do it cos i wanted too, the reason now that i am looking is cos i have lost about a stone(never thought i have been skinny enough and still dont but least im happier that im loosing the weight)
thanks again for the advise.:biggrin::tongue::smile

Thanks too ninjachica and weasel64.
I do agree to do it when im ready and its my body. thanks guys.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
npwizardgd

Jun 09

npwizardgd says:

i'm bald

so I had loads of rabbits tattooed on my head...

you know whats coming...

...from a distance they look like hares!

awww c'mon. someone had to do it.

Reply to this Topic
greendemon

Oct 08

greendemon says:

My tatts

Got 3 in total. 1 tribal on right top arm, got this with very thin black outline and then coloured red so it's different from other plain black tribal. Also on right shoulder a green tree frog bursting through skin. This is a work of art took 5 solid hours of work, 7 different greens and multiple other colours and shading. My artist enjoyed doing this as it's very different to the norm and it's about 5 inches in diameter. Last but not least is a person clawing through my skin on my right calf and in the slice marks you can make out the the face. I choose images i liked, then went back to see what sizes will be suitable and other changes. I recommend Steffs tattoists in bolton. All the boys are awesome artists and the place is like a surgical theatre. Mike even said he has his limits and will not do my next one as he thinks it's beyond his ability and recommended another artist. My Mrs, her lad and my 2 sisters also my b/inlaw and sister in law go to Steffs.

Can't get better than that for a recommend

Don't rush, time is on your side.

And yes they are addictive 

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

this

is one of mine. im wanting a lot more thougfhit just having the money.

Reply to this Topic
kayaksteph

Jul 09

kayaksteph says:

cheers

thanks for advise guys its

great.

greendemon its maybe a bit far to travel to bolton from aberdeenshire but will rememb that if im ever down there.:laugh:

lucas that is a really nice tat.

cheers

Steph

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices