Skip to content

Discuss This Brno MotoGP: James Toseland still unsure on future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Brno MotoGP: James Toseland still unsure on future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Brno MotoGP: James Toseland still unsure on future

James Toseland has admitted he is still unsure about where his future lies as the MotoGP paddock reconvenes in Brno this weekend. The British rider is desperate to stay with the Monster Tech 3 Yamaha squad in 2010 but is still waiting for a decision over whether he will be offered a new deal. The 28-year-old, who scored a brilliant sixth place...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 August 2009 13:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

I'm sure james,you don't deserve a future in moto gp!

Toseland doesn't deserve a ride in moto gp, if he did it would be clear cut and the contract would be on the table.He is not at the top of anyones shopping list and rightly so,two miserable years in moto gp his arse kicked by his team mate who is to long in the tooth, he is 28yrs old, he peaked in wsb end of  ! Time for someone else to get a chance,bye bye James

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

Tech 3

Spies will take JT's place.

JT will have to go to SBK - possibly with Alstaire

Cappirossi should bow out gracefully. He has nothing more to offer.

Vermeulen should never have signed for Suzuki in the first place.

Suzuki's biggest ever mistake is not signing Spies!!! (What were you thinking Mr Denning)

Moto GP should ban electronic traction control - it will transform the sport. It will stop the pups from 250's being instantly fast. There is an apprenticship they must pass!! That is what killed F1 (who watches that now!)

Thats all.

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

Johnny Rea

Sirs Rea & Lord Crutch sould get a MotoGP ride, get them in whilst their still young. Kick out the dead wood. (Although Sir Colin of TexasShire is always good to watch)

If they dont shine, get them out! Its a cruel business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Spies

You guys that think Spies will replace Toseland need to get your facts in.

Whether Toseland stays or goes has nothing to do with Spies. Like Colin Edwards, Spies is contracted directly to Yamaha Japan, whereas Toseland is employed by Tech 3 with Dorna subsidy. Yamaha will only fund one rider at Tech 3, which will be Edwards OR Spies. If Spies decides to move up to MotoGP next year, then CE is out, because Poncharal can't afford his salary. That's why CE has been told he has to wait until October to see if he still has a job at Tech 3. So if anybody's gonna be a casualty of Spies coming to MotoGP, it's gonna be Edwards not Toseland.

As for JT, if he goes back to WSBK, he'll certainly land a ride with a major team. If not at Yamaha then maybe as JR's teammate at TK Honda.

Reply to this Topic
chinoV

Feb 09

chinoV says:

Rea ? not yet

I dont think that johnny Rea will get the node to ride a moto gp bike.. Even Crutch is dominating the supersport i dont think it will be enough to get a ride on Moto gp bike.. so far the only proposal to crutch is a moto 2 ride from tech 3.. i would like to see him replace tom sykes at SBK together with spies or he could replace spies if he chooses to go to moto gp next year. Camier is also set yo move to SBK with yamaha. camier and spies or spies with crutch even crutch and camier together yamaha is set to duke it out with ducati boys.. who need JT on yamaha?

Reply to this Topic
jasper69

Aug 09

jasper69 says:

better or worse

so you think de puniet or vermuelen will bring tech3 forward, more than j.t..also i did not state that he was leading them this season on points, i said that missing winter testing has realy hampered him.. every rider at some point has there ups and downs, he is just as good at riding a bike as either of these 2 riders.. and spies will only go to motorgp if he gets chance of a factory ride, cos he knows that otherwise it is a waste of time...anyway whoever goes and stays..tech3 wont win a race in 2010...

Reply to this Topic
gapster68

Jul 09

gapster68 says:

Why would tech 3 pay Toseland the reported million and a half he his on to come 12th and 13th most weekends. Toseland is a brillant rider in world superbikes not moto gp he has had a year and a half on the bike and is getting no better if he wasn't english then the people who say he should keep the ride would be saying he has not done enough to keep the ride as for the people coming up from 250s as someone has said were did Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner come from these are the people at the front every race.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

No JT no bbc

The bbc want a brit rider as part of their package to screen motogp upto now JT is the best brit rider I havent seen anyone near his level of bike control in the UK. This ability to ride sideways is a problem though , its no longer how gp ikes are ridden , go back to the 990s i reckon JT would be right there smoking tyres and getting it out of shape at the front

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices