Skip to content

Discuss This Help MCN reclaim North Wales General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Help MCN reclaim North Wales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Help MCN reclaim North Wales

MCN is to reclaim North Wales from the region’s anti-motorcycle police force by staging a mass ride to Snowdonia National Park.   MUST READ: what to do if you're stopped on the ride-out  With your help we plan to defy the force’s treatment of motorcyclists – described as an “enforce and displace” policy by police elsewhere – by descending on the scenic region in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 August 2009 10:01)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rekhmire

Aug 08

Rekhmire says:

Why it's not worth it

Another Police Force took a bunch of bikers out on a Bikesafe run into North Wales. Once into Wales they were pulled over by NW traffic cops on bikes, who completely ignored the fact that this was a bikesafe run, blanked the other Cops/Traffic Cops/Motorcyclists and proceeded to go through each of the bikes and bikers documents on the run, to the amazement of the Cops running the ride out!

If they're going to do things like that, they#ll be looking forward to 'Reclaim North Wales'.

Reply to this Topic
Fz6daveg

Mar 09

Fz6daveg says:

North Wales here we come !!

I'm looking forward to the mass bike run into North Wales on 13th Sept. Wales has some fantastic roads and scenery. Lets hope we all get there and back safely.

I'll be using some of the best biking roads to get to the Ponderosa cafe. A41, A49, A534, A525 to the horseshoe pass. From the meeting point i'll probably be doing the Bala Lake road via Llangollen to Betws-y-Coed.

Reply to this Topic
morsel

Apr 04

morsel says:

caution

Hi all      just a thought about the welsh rideout

Me and a riding buddy were discussing going to wales and call us cynics if you will but are we playing into the feds hands turning up en mass . If your bike has a small plate noisy can or any other iffy mod this could be the biggest payday in welsh police history at 60 quid x however many thousand bikes they can stop they know when and where you will be  our jury is still out  wadda you recon ?

Reply to this Topic
hondarc30

Jul 09

hondarc30 says:

I am still trying to get my head around this....

...it sounds like every weekend the N.Wales police are deliberately TARGETTING motorcyclists and are stopping in the order of 400 of them at a time!!...in order to carry out checks when no law has been broken!!

Let's look at this another way, suppose for example that any police force in the UK each weekend decided to target another minority group and stop, detain and question 400 coloured immigrants and check their passports for citizenship and status when no law had been broken and just because you were coloured and happened to be in that area of the city or town. Or it could be Chinese people or because you have red hair.... If this happened every newspaper and politician would be all over that police force. But here we are in N.Wales and nothing is said as if it's all OK...they are only Bikers!

Too be honest it is a truly unbelieveable and draconian system that is allowed to perpetrate by the rulers and politicians of a supposedly Great Britain. Action should already have been taken to end this, before it goes any further.....you did a great job of keeping out the dictators in the past but now you have your own home-grown ones!!

Good luck with the ride-out.......I would like to be there but I will be riding in the Cascades in the Pacific North West......and rarely a Police Officer to be seen.....         

Reply to this Topic
surreyrider2000

Sep 09

General observations

While seemingly, there remain a number of regular dinosaurs out there who are capable of starting a fight in an empty bar, there remain small voices of reason.  Steve F, we thank you for your erudite comments and information. Vulcanrog,  your erudite comments and forward thinking shine like a beacon in the wilderness.

Shame that simple minded folk choose to air their perceived grievances on a forum dedicated to help the motorcycling cause.  You know who you are.

Me? Yup, I'll be there. Staying just this side of the border Saturday night, spending my £££ in England and ensuring I fill my tank in England before headed over the border.

Have a great, safe day out everyone and if you are stopped, don't hesitate to ask why and make a point of looking at the officer's shoulder number.  Of course, if at any time you "lose your way", you may always ask a policeman for directions or the time!

See you there.

R.

Reply to this Topic
lillebror

Sep 09

lillebror says:

reclaim Wales

Good to see action taken. Used to visit Wales regularly when on holiday from my home in Norway but quit because of abusive, impolite and arrogant police officers. Anyway - that's tourist income gone!

I do see the possibility of an economic field day for the  - let's be polite and call them police - and the best thing to do id to make sure your bike, paperwork and riding gear is legal. That way they will get a lot of work, but no reward. Also, it is imperative to avoid any kind of violence - the press will be out in numbers looking for headlines.

Take care, everyone and good luck!

Lillebror

Reply to this Topic
slparry

Aug 02

slparry says:

Spreading the word ..

Been getting the local media involved.

http://tinyurl.com/MCN-Protest

Reply to this Topic
Arrmand

Aug 09

Arrmand says:

Good luck ya all

I think its a great Idea doing this run, I hope to join you all on this ride, could I point out that lone riders hook up with others in more larger groups its unlikely but not impossible that the Police would stop a group of say 1000 bikers all in one.

Chances are they going to be looking for small groups or lone riders to pull over, not that it would bother me in the lease, I'm totally street Legal. But its not unheard of being stiched up by the police.

Reply to this Topic
bethanykatana

Sep 09

Hello from here in rainy Shropshire.This is just the kind of thing that we need! Strength and safety in numbers,in order to make a point that these nice uniformed gentlemen who police our roads are here to serve "US " (the tax payer),and also, incredibly that we pay the wages of the very force who victimise and penalise us. We urgently need every bike in Great Britain out there on Sunday in wales in order to ram the point home.! See you there Brothers and Sisters.

Reply to this Topic
wugzie

Sep 09

wugzie says:

If the weather is fair, I'll be making the journey from Kent to add my support .  This is one of those occasions when all likeminded peeps should come together to show strength by dissent for the scandalous victimisation of a single group.  I just hope that everyone who intends to be there ride bikes and wear gear which is totally legal, ride within posted speed limits and ride courteously.  Its a big hope and it will only take a few w***k**s to make the whole event completely pointless so ............

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices