Skip to content

Discuss This Help MCN reclaim North Wales General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Help MCN reclaim North Wales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Help MCN reclaim North Wales

MCN is to reclaim North Wales from the region’s anti-motorcycle police force by staging a mass ride to Snowdonia National Park.   MUST READ: what to do if you're stopped on the ride-out  With your help we plan to defy the force’s treatment of motorcyclists – described as an “enforce and displace” policy by police elsewhere – by descending on the scenic region in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 August 2009 10:01)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Gownie1976

Sep 09

Gownie1976 says:

Protest

Hi Zak, I will be going if weather nice, i am starting from Cannock if that helps.

Reply to this Topic
Slow in - Fast out

Jan 08

North Wales

Greetings CapodiCapo. I'm planning to go on the rideout to Nth Wales as well. Do you want a "wingman" for company? - I'm in Bedford, riding a Guzzi.

Steve Farrell's stats '400 pulled-350 innocent' say it for me.

We all need to be on our best behaviour, have legal everything and spend money when there. Show the power of the Biker Pound and then Nth Wales businesses will have a reason to tell their police to back off.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rjohn

Sep 02

rjohn says:

Help MCN reclaim North Wales

"MUST READ: what to do if you're stopped on the ride-out"

What does this quote in the original post refer to. I can't find it. :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
LeeSV

Aug 09

LeeSV says:

Derbyshire

Hi, will anyone be travelling from Derbyshire? Perhaps Matlock? I'll be going if anyone is interested in meeting up. See you there.

Reply to this Topic
macasm

Sep 08

macasm says:

Halifax - Leeds - Bradford

I'm heading out west to support, from Halifax. All my mates are busy or going to Croft so if anyone wants to meet up then let me know.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

North Wales Police

These people are ridiculous.  Officious little things who find it far easier to stop bikers over something that should be legal compared with getting off their fat backsides and tracking down actual criminals who steal, rape etc.  These are lazy people who cost us as taxpayers a lot of money for a whole lot of nothing.

If you are one of the individuals who has stopped bikers over wearing dark visors, you should be ashamed for being petty and sad.  Either do what you are paid to do or change jobs.

Reply to this Topic
bandido1250

Sep 09

bandido1250 says:

Hi, im riding out from Bolton near Manchester on Sunday anyone interested in joining up? 

Reply to this Topic
eckyavfc

Sep 09

eckyavfc says:

sunday

Whats the betting that there will be a low police pressence on sunday letting us get on with our day then come monday they will go straight back to their usual practices, no solutions but lets make it a special day anyway, everyone legal and enoying it.

Reply to this Topic
akhall

Oct 04

akhall says:

police stop

rjohn, if you click on the link at the top it will give you some good advice about what to expect and how best to react to a stop,  plus someone put a further note stating that the officer must produce a "stop form" if you request one. I must say everyone should look at the guidelines on the metropolitain police website about stop and search forms. just put in police stop forms and look for the web site, its packed with great advice on your rights. It will keep him in the station for months afterwards, its great. I think its a general advice sheet rather then just london.

Reply to this Topic
KwakaMart

Mar 09

KwakaMart says:

Big Business

What people have forgotten is the police, like the government, are first and foremost a business. And like any big business their ultimate goals are to:
a) Keep their jobs i) By making it impossible to go to competitors ii) By making their services mandatory. (Think of it more as a protection racket and you should get the idea.)
b) Increase profitability. To become profitable they must go after the crime with the highest financial reward, this is usual to the determent of other enforcement issues. Has anyone’s council tax gone down? Ever? My police service charge went up 8% this year alone.
c) Expand and dominate. I’m sure this needs no explanation, but have you noticed they all want to carry weapons now? Tasers and CS gas etc.

With (reported) violent crime in North Wales being equal to and in some cases above the national average you could be forgiven for thinking that the police would concentrate on the apprehension of such criminals.

REMEMBER, CRIME DOSE NOT PAY……. MOTORISTS DO!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices