Skip to content

Discuss This Help MCN reclaim North Wales General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Help MCN reclaim North Wales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Help MCN reclaim North Wales

MCN is to reclaim North Wales from the region’s anti-motorcycle police force by staging a mass ride to Snowdonia National Park.   MUST READ: what to do if you're stopped on the ride-out  With your help we plan to defy the force’s treatment of motorcyclists – described as an “enforce and displace” policy by police elsewhere – by descending on the scenic region in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 August 2009 10:01)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GoatBangers

Sep 09

GoatBangers says:

What a great day

Just a quick note to say me and the Goat Bangers mcc had a great day today weather was mint and so were the roads, we attended Horse shoe pass what a road and views but couldnt get anywhere near the cafe due to the great turn out so had some food at the bottom of the pass.There was a Police presance but i would say i would of seen more in Matlock than we saw on the roads and we saw 1 unmarked car speed trappin which was fair enough thanks to everyone who came in the opposite direction who warned us.Agreat day and we will return!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
LeeHarrison

Apr 09

LeeHarrison says:

Good day out but..

The Police were heavy handed as usual. They gave out 2 tickets for small plates to 2 of the 11 bikes in our group. I bet they made more money today than all the sunny days this year. I have never seen so many coppers. They had a pair of them at Broxton checking plates and Tax in the car park.

The Ponderosa was absolutely jammed. The Horseshoe was stationary most of the time. I dont care if it's done any good, it was great to be part of something so big anyway. I took hundreds of pictures which are here

http://www.wheelshots.com/Motorcycles/Ride-Outs-and-Bike-Meets/MCN-Invade-Wales-day-Ponderosa

Reply to this Topic
ianpanman

Sep 09

ianpanman says:

true brotherhood

this day just goes to show that bikers will always stick together, well done mcn, as an ex advance instructor i saw carefull considerate riding by the majority of bikers , it was an oustanding turnout and i feel quite sure theres a certain chief constable whos got a lot of egg on his face, im very proud to be biker and also proud to have been part of your protest keep up the good work, ian

Reply to this Topic
wrexy33

Sep 09

wrexy33 says:

n wales

What a turn out.

As a resident of North Wales I'd like to say a big thank you to every single rider who made the effort today.

I rode from the Dragons rest to Betws Y Coed via Denbigh & Pentrefoelas, joining the A5 and the Pondarosa riders. After spending a few hours at the Swallow falls car park, I took a quick tour to Llanberris over the pass before heading back to Betws y coed.

Heading back I took the road from Llanwrst to Abergele and then the A55.

I must say that the riding I witnessed today by riders was top class, so much better than the normal Sunday around here!

And as for the police presence, I didn't see any up by the Dragons Rest. I saw 3 in Betws y coed, the first pulled a car driver, the 2nd was attending an incident and the third was directing traffic out of the town.

Thanks again.

Wrex

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Daishag

Jul 09

Daishag says:

Help MCN reclaim North Wales

As mentioned before as a Resident of North Wales i would like to thank every one who took the time and effort to attend / come up to North Wales today.

It was immense to see so many people up at the Ponderosa on the Horse Shoe Pass and down in Betws Y Coed and also on the roads in general riding there bikes.

Unfortunatly i do think that this will be used against us as we had heard of one Fatality on the A5 up by Bethesda somewhere involving a Biker and also we Witnessed what looked like a KTM Super Duke smashed up pretty badly against the rock face on the Nant Y Garth Pass by Llysfasi College at approx 11am i think these isolated accidents will be used against us by the local press and Constabulary even though im sure there was in excess of 5000 riders out today !!!!! 

Cheers Daishag Rallying (ZXR 750)

Reply to this Topic
Daishag

Jul 09

Daishag says:

ZXR 750 Picture !!!!!!

LeeHarrison

You were sat taking pictures at the hairpin half way down the Horse Shoe on the Llangollen side right !!!! ive looked and found a picture of me !!!!! How much for a print and what size do they come in as they say Small, Medium, Large or X.Large the kink to the photo is :-
http://www.wheelshots.com/Motorcycles/Ride-Outs-and-Bike-Meets/MCN-Invade-Wales-day-Ponderosa/9617454_kcYLb/1/648082721_rwN9Q#648199266_ZEUn6-L-LB

Cheers Dave aka Daishag Rallying 07835971713

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Must be said...

massive turn out  -  really great day - and from what I saw everyone on their best behaviour.

Good moment of the day - riding into Bewts - y - Coed, long long straight - all doing 40-ish cos it was so busy...... and a 'redundant' bike cop just stood there with his 20:20 laser. Didn't appear to be getting any business. Hope his over time cost his force a small fortune..

Other nice thing to note - all the local businesses seems to be doing a storming trade - lets hope they take note and pressure plod to back off.

:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LeeHarrison

Apr 09

LeeHarrison says:

Dave aka Daishag -

just open your picture and click on the little shopping basket symbol. You can have it printed on all sorts of stuff, Big prints, mugs, shirts, mousemats etc. email me from my site if you need help.

Lee.

Reply to this Topic
yellow vtr

Aug 02

yellow vtr says:

we love wales

well were all back in one piece and no plod to be seen.

we went up to ponderosa  then all over you fast roads we did around 300mile in wales

many thanks for for having us we will be back next year

Reply to this Topic
eckyavfc

Sep 09

eckyavfc says:

awesome turnout

Fantastic show from the biker community, more turned out than I think anyone could of imagined, top of the horseshoe pass was grid locked. All seemed to be on their best riding behavour and the local cafes, pubs, shops etc must of had a brill day with their takings. Thousands made their way to the swallow falls and it was a great sight with the never ending masses of bikes. Well done mcn for organising it, I think we did ourselves proud. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices