Skip to content

Discuss This Brno MotoGP: No Honda deal for Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Brno MotoGP: No Honda deal for Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Brno MotoGP: No Honda deal for Jorge Lorenzo

Jorge Lorenzo will not make a dramatic move to Honda in 2010, with HRC today confirming that Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso had agreed new two-year contracts. Lorenzo possibly quitting Yamaha has been one of the major talking points of the 2009 season, but as was first reported in MCN four weeks ago, the Spaniard will stay with the Fiat...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 August 2009 11:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

DOH!

No World championships for honda untill atleast 2013 then !!!

Reply to this Topic
lacijoci

Jul 09

lacijoci says:

There is not only one Honda team... Honda will be the champion again. (GO TALMA GO !!!)

Reply to this Topic
ejppower

Mar 09

ejppower says:

seanogorman & killatwat

why is it that thier are so many negative people commenting on this site, honda have, and allways have had a descent bike. dani is capable of winning the title just the same as dovi is as long as he keeps progressing and that dani can stay on, if honda didnt believe this then they would not hand out two year contracts out for nothing. with fresh riders on i also believe that suzuki could make big steps forward also, afterall no manufacturor enters the world championships just to waste money.

Reply to this Topic
wpotter

Mar 06

wpotter says:

Ehh?

Surely a 2 year contract would end in 2011 (end of 2012 is a 3 year contract)

Reply to this Topic
AndytBlade

Jul 09

AndytBlade says:

Does anyone esle find it odd that the person in charge of HRC is called Mr SUZUKI - has no one at honda realised!!! ;-) happy friday peeps

Reply to this Topic
Ziri

Feb 08

Ziri says:

Presumably this means Lorenzo will have accepted a smaller salary with Yamaha then, probably for another two years aswell. It'll be interesting to see how this effects the rest of the teams choices, Tech-3 in particular.

Reply to this Topic
gaztl1000r

Aug 02

gaztl1000r says:

sponsors!!!!!!!!!11

how strange that honda are getting more repsol money,just at the same time as the little pixie manages to keep his seat for failing to win a motogp championship,and lets face it he aint going to win one, jorge realised last season that you got to be in it to win it, as soon as he realised that he stopped jumping off, but how many mor get offs can dani's body take,?

Reply to this Topic
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

EIPPOWER

if your right why is it pedrosa has not won a championship already ? hes had enough time ...remember it took stoner 2 seasons...took rossi 1

hes had plenty of time to do it.....and youd have to be silly to think the RCV wasnt on the pace (depuniet on a customer bike is proving this) simple fact is perdrobot is not consistant enough, hes never going to be motogp champ

further more i dont think andrea is as good as the likes of lorenzo (who is more consistant than pedrosa)

so while these riders are out there ....i think honda are up s**t creek!

and if honda WERE so sure.... why have they been in negotiations with lorenzo ..only to back off

(probably on lorenzos wage demands)

and take it easy on killerhat after all ... his hat is a killer!

Reply to this Topic
Pizzaboy

Sep 07

Pizzaboy says:

I enjoyed watching Dovisioso and Lorenzo duking it out on 250s not so long ago. I like Dove because he was the underdog but he was always chipping away at Lorenzo. They're both great additions to the premier class now but it's just shown up the gap that was between them before with even sharper contrast. Lorenzo - love him or hate him - is a stronger rider.

Pedrosa has the skill but not the aggression. The Honda doesn't flatter either of them but it ain't a bad horsey like the Ducati. Even at their high level there's still a will/talent defecit in the factory team - and yes I'm not a Moto GP rider so I don't know what it's like - terms and conditions apply etc. - but i still think it's true. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

No.2 still then Jorge

Of course that probably only means something in Jorge's head and not in the quality of the machinery. Dani & Dovi are both past world champs and more than capable to taking a MotoGP title. Dani if he stays on and uninjured and Dovi if he keeps progressing in the methodical manner he is. Mr Honda  (Suzuki)  has done the right thing.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices