Skip to content

Discuss This Brno MotoGP: Chris Vermeulen out of Suzuki? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Brno MotoGP: Chris Vermeulen out of Suzuki?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Brno MotoGP: Chris Vermeulen out of Suzuki?

Confirmation that Alvaro Bautista will join Suzuki’s factory MotoGP team in 2010 appears to have placed the future of Aussie rider Chris Vermeulen in serious doubt. Bautista has signed a two-year deal to ride a factory GSV-R with Suzuki making the deal official with an announcement after yesterday’s Czech Republic GP in Brno. The Spaniard’s deal appears to leave Vermeulen the most...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (17 August 2009 09:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Old Guard

There seems to be an accepted group, they keep getting rides while showing no signs of fighting for the championship. Rossi is always fighting for the championship so yes he gets a ride , Pedrosa? not so sure he'd win a title still give him another 5 years he might do , Capirossi , not a chance too old too slow , Vermuelen not a chance , I could go on and on , so its all down to the sponsors showing what utter contempt they have for "Sport" The bikes are unequal , the set ups they have are unequal . Theres little wonder motorcycling is such a minority "Sport". The Production based one make series are the most equal form of motorsport anything else is open to many forms on inequity Less so since the control tyres were introduced but even they can be fixed , perhaps by putting more fitting goo on letting the tyre slip on the rim , would that happen? has it happened? course it has .Thas me done , thanks for reading

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

There may be pressure from sponsors for certain riders, but the riders that stay tend to be the ones that get the results (with certain exceptions towards the rear of the grid usually). Capirossi has been miles above Vermeulen this year so deserves to stay at Suzuki for another year.

As for 'fixing' peoples tyres...what a load of old rubbish.

Reply to this Topic
baznap123

Aug 09

baznap123 says:

Back to WSB

Its been a tough year for Chris, i like him and think he a great rider, he's had flashes of brilliance where others have not, unfortunatly every grid has to be made up of also rans, chris although still young cant cut it on that bike, with no other factory rides up for grabs that could give him top 5 finishes then he'd be better of in WSB, challenging for the win week in week out. have you still got Ronalds number chris?

Reply to this Topic
dabber65

Feb 09

dabber65 says:

head up

this could be the best thing to happen to chris he has been flogging himself riding useless machinery he can now refocus and kickstart his carrier again

Reply to this Topic
taglioni

Mar 07

taglioni says:

A Shame...

... it is, that he looses his position at Suzuki, they shouldn't forget, that he had the only victory for them at Le mans 07 since 2000 and now this: Stil, he probably has the wrong pass and maybe a change would do him good, I agree with baznap123 WSB would be cool.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Go Now

Thae best thing he could do is Fuck Off  to Aus . and piss in his Hat

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

Ignorant c**ts....

.....who can`t even spell `the`....should also Fuck Off!...... away from this website!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Victim of circumstances

Err you're off on a tangent there Richard1967.  The rules are there, equal and apply to all. Arguably the rules are more 'equal' then WSB in that all MotoGP bikes are of the same capacity. I certainly don't want to see our premier bike racing class diluted down to an RZ350 cup event with riders pulling keys from a hat.

It's Suzuki's engineering dept that needs a changing of the guard as much as anything. I would expect Chris V to do very well on say a Tech 3 Yamaha, it could yet transpire.

Reply to this Topic
shafs64

Aug 09

shafs64 says:

I think he is a good rider on a bike that needs more power. So it could be a good thing if he moves on

I would like to see him Back in SBK on a honda. then go back to Moto GP if he can get a good ride.

shafs64

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Superbike rules

Yeah Superbike rules are a joke Ducatis allowed 1200cc because they cant win with 1000 . Anyway back to topic , does any think rossi would win on Toselands bike? and as for spelling why should that matter ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices