Skip to content

Sport Jorge To Ducati 2010? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Jorge To Ducati 2010?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

deadthinghasrisen

Aug 09

Jorge To Ducati 2010?

Seems to be a strong rumour the Ducati/Stoner relationship has gone sour. And Moaner might not be in red next year ( if in MotoGP at all)

Apparently Jorge has had talks with the Factory squad, and they are offering a few more euro's than Yamaha.

Interesting developement.......

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 August 2009 19:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stick1

Mar 09

stick1 says:

Jorge to Ducati?

I think someone else has beaten him to it! :lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
deadthinghasrisen

Aug 09

46 Desmond-Sedici

Excellent.......

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

He'd be mad

Ok, moaner is hot on that machine, no doubt about it. But Lorenzo going over? Can't see that he would go just for a cheque. He's on the best bike now, he would be best advised IMO to stay put, just cos rossi is number 1, thats no reason to ruin your MOTO GP career.

If the Honda seat had come up, I'd have said he would do well to go, but not the Duke.

Reply to this Topic
hastyhughie

Aug 09

hastyhughie says:

jorge to duc

Rossi went to Yamha when it was not the best bike and proved his talents and championship character.  Besides, Yamaha is only the best bike this year, not every year from now on. Jorge should get out from Rossi's shadow and take the Duc deal. If you are going to try to kill the king, then at least get your own sword!

Reply to this Topic
hastyhughie

Aug 09

hastyhughie says:

jorge to duc

Rossi went to Yamha when it was not the best bike and proved his talents and championship character.  Besides, Yamaha is only the best bike this year, not every year from now on. Jorge should get out from Rossi's shadow and take the Duc deal. If you are going to try to kill the king, then at least get your own sword!

Reply to this Topic
Oscarsdad

Jun 09

Oscarsdad says:

New sword

I agree he needs to go to HIS own team.Two big personalities and top talents together . Jorge will eventually become frustrated. I reckon he could tame the Ducati and he's a big enough star for them to build the big to his spec assuming Stoner is finished.:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Jorge To Ducati 2010?

It's really hard to know which rumour to believe on this subject.
If anyone can tame that Ducati it would def be Lorenzo but at the mo I just can't see it happening.

Reply to this Topic
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

Frustrated

I can see the poor boy is frustrated being in Rossi's shadow, who wouldn't be if they had Jorge's talent. I just think that, that Duke nearly finished Marco Melandri's GP career, and he is no slouch on a motorcycle. I would hate for that to happen to Jorge, I reckon stay put and fight for a HRC factory machine for 2011.

How good will next season be? If it's anything like the current one, I may have a heart attack next year.:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
deadthinghasrisen

Aug 09

Jorge To Ducati

Well 48hrs on and it seems the internerd is rife with rumours about Jorgieboy and the new men in his life ( Philip Morris Inc). The rumours are getting to strong to ignore, and funny enough no one from Ducati or Yamaha has tried to even quash them.

More interestingly, Ducati say the want to keep Hayden (good for US bike sales) and if they sign Jorge, where does that leave poor old sicknote Stoner?

Reply to this Topic
Oscarsdad

Jun 09

Oscarsdad says:

lorenzo

A rumoured £15m is a lot to turn down even if the Ducati is not the best bike....I'll bet its a hell of a lot more than Yamaha are prepaired to pay him  whilst Rossi's still there. If Ducati really want him and Stoner comes back do you think Hayden will be shunted out to Pramac?. Who would then be number one rider? frustration all round again.:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices