Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda CB500 electrical problems Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Honda CB500 electrical problems

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

chris131

Aug 09

chris131 says:

Honda CB500 electrical problems

A while back, my Honda CB500, whilst waiting to pull out at a junction, the engine just died.  Pulling off the road, trying to restart it, all I got was a very fast clicking sound from under the right side panel (took it off) where the main fuse and fuse box are.  It was taken to my local garage, and explaining to them what happened, they done a battery load test, and said the battery was holding a slightly low charge, but starting the engine with all the lights off shouldn’t be a problem.  Everything was alright for the next couple of weeks, but when leaving work, I got the same clicking problem.  I managed to get a lift home (with battery), and I charged the battery, and the following day put the battery back in, and everything work.  When I went to go home, my bike was completely dead.  I got a new battery (about a month ago) and all was working well until I got home tonight.  I noticed my light was shining weakly onto the back wall of my garage, so I put me bike in neutral, and the neutral light was weak, so I decided to try my indicators to see what effect it would have on the headlight, but the result was, that after two blinks of the indicators, the engine died.  My battery is now on charge, and I’m hoping I can keep my bike going for the next couple of months+ until I can afford to replace it with a Kawasaki ER-6

Any help will be much appreciated

Many thanks

Chris

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (17 August 2009 22:33)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

battery

From what you say chris your battery is not being charged whilst riding,you or a m/c sparky needs to check the connections, fuses,output of the alternator and the regulator/rectifier.

Reply to this Topic
chris131

Aug 09

chris131 says:

Thanks

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle