Skip to content

Discuss This Mika Kallio opens talks with Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mika Kallio opens talks with Tech 3 Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mika Kallio opens talks with Tech 3 Yamaha

Mika Kallio has joined the increasing queue of MotoGP talent looking to secure a ride with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team in 2010, MCN can reveal. The Finn’s management held talks with Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal during last weekend’s Czech Republic GP in Brno. Kallio, who is currently racing in Ducati’s factory team as replacement for former world champion Casey...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (18 August 2009 10:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Surely..

Poncharal would prefer someone with more points than Toseland in the standings? Kallio has only scored 34 as against JT's 62. Elias, despite his recent form, has only scored 1 point more, and Vermuelen isn't exactly setting the points table on fire either Granted at least two of those names are perhaps on inferior machinery, but other than Spies none of the other candidates for the team are exactly salivating prospects for Herve are they?

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I thought

Kallio was alrieady sign to Ducati next year and they where going to keep him in the Pramac squad? Anyway, he doesn't bring any money so no way would he be at Tech 3. Not to mention he hasn't done much this year. Herve has a Yamaha spot and the spot he controls which will go to a rider that brings some sponsorship or money.

Reply to this Topic
jtfan

Jul 09

jtfan says:

Surely

Kallio's antics on the factory Duke this weekend didnt do him any good in the 2010 contract chase? Who wants to sign someone who has smashed up 2 bikes, only 2 of them being one's he was riding! Not to mention the childish way he behaved after he took Melandri out?

In my opinion, Kallio is not a serious contender for Tech 3.

Reply to this Topic
Ziri

Feb 08

Ziri says:

Kallio makes Toseland look like a team boss's idea of heaven so right now I don't see why any team should sign him with his crap results and shitty attitude. Besides Spies I suppose de Puniet has a chance as he is a fast rider and well...he's French, so it'd be good for the team in their native France. If Spies decides to stay in WSB for another year and these are the only riders Toseland and Edwards have to contend with then I can see the team staying the same for the '10 season.

Reply to this Topic
powermatic

Jun 09

powermatic says:

Hmmm....

"....James Toseland being firmly in the frame..."

That's wishful thinking.  There will be an opening next year at Tech3, but doubt it'll be going to Kallio when they can have their pick of the B-level litter.

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

Kallio???

This guy did irreparable Damage to his career this weekend. To not only clearly take out Melandri and then try to blame him openly to the press for his own talent deficit was bad enough but to do so on Casey Stoners bike, with one of his sealed engines aboard for I think the second time of the weekend? Gotta hand it to him for the positive mental attitude but in the end he was swimming at the deep end and sank! 

Reply to this Topic
kwakasak

Aug 09

kwakasak says:

kallio 2

second that watched kallio's crash multiple times from my living room chair and after applying the usual science of look where you want to go and the bike will follow,he had more than enough time to see either a; what was happening b; where he was going to go to avoid getting his bollocks caught up in melandri's back wheel.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The Boy is Quick

None of you seem to want to acknowledge it, but that's O.K those in the know, i.e team bosses, do! The seat is open right now and to my mind Herve's pecking order would be Spies, de Puniet (the french connection is strong), Kallio, Vermuelen. I doubt Toseland even registers on Poncharal's radar at this point in time. Then again maybe even CEII's seat is not yet safe either.....

Reply to this Topic
proliteguy

Jun 09

proliteguy says:

I think Kallio deserves to be heavily fined for what he did at the weekend, that was no racing crash and to then blame Melandri is totally out of order and frankly I think Melandri should have done a Johnny Wilkinson on his bollox

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Nostradamus

Re. your 'pecking order':

Spies - not Herve's choice. That's a decision for Yamaha Japan, to whom he's contracted. Poncharal can only pick one of the riders to partner either Spies or Edwards.

Kallio - no way. No personal sponsorship or subsidy to run him.

Vermuelen - unlikely. Unimpressive performances and no sponsorship (though he has allegedly offered to ride for a low salary)

De Puniet - unlikely unless he can bring Playboy cash with him. But the satellite Hondas are looking as though they'll be closer spec to the factory bikes next year, whereas Tech 3 aren't even testing. I don't see De Puniet being that motivated to move - especially for a lower salary.

Toseland - a good option financially thanks to the Dorna subsidy. If he picks up a few more top 6 places, he might stay. But time is running out.

Maybe somebody new will enter the competiton, but right now there's no strong financial incentive For HP to switch riders. And that's why JT is still there.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices