Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati offer Jorge Lorenzo £13m bumper pay deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati offer Jorge Lorenzo £13m bumper pay deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati offer Jorge Lorenzo £13m bumper pay deal

Ducati has made Jorge Lorenzo a lucrative multi-million pound offer to quit Yamaha.Desperate to sign a top rider while the future of Casey Stoner remains the subject of intense speculation, Marlboro has offered the 22-year-old a bumper £13m two-year deal. MCN understands Lorenzo had further talks with Phillip Morris executives in Brno on Sunday night, though the Spaniard insists his first...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (18 August 2009 11:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

wow

Some deal.  It would be a brave man who takes it, does that mean Hayden is going?

Reply to this Topic
Wayne2009

Jan 09

Wayne2009 says:

Hayden

so where does this leave Nicky? Somebody who is finally getting to grips with the Duke, which is obviously beneficial for Ducati to help other riders tame the beast

Reply to this Topic
XxRose443xX

Aug 09

XxRose443xX says:

No, Lorenzo don't do it!!!! Stick with Yamaha!!

He can beneift more from learning from The Doctor...he should stay with Yamaha!!! He's got plenty of time yet cause he is an extermely talented rider who will make it big but for God's sake he needs 2 stay with Yamaha!

Reply to this Topic
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

Already Decided

Jorge Lorenzo has long known he will stay at Yamaha for the forseeable future, He is just hanging around trying to get a better pay deal from them. He wouldn't contemplate leaving the best team in the paddock.

"Perhaps Honda came to the conclusion, as had many in the paddock, that Lorenzo was now using Honda as a negotiating tool to reach a better arrangement with Yamaha"

"According to Spanish sportspaper AS and Riders magazine, Rossi earns 14 million euros from Yamaha, compared with 2 million for Lorenzo. The new offer on the table from Yamaha is reportedly for 4 million"

Reply to this Topic
thepolluter

Aug 09

thepolluter says:

Lorenzo

He would be mad to go to Ducati but could be an ippportunity for Hayden at Yamaha..who knows.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

A very risky move if he did it (which I very much doubt!).  I think that this has very little substance to it but it would make things interesting if it was true :)

Personally I would be happy to see him replace Stoner at Ducati, although Hayden would seem more likely ;)

Reply to this Topic
bluehazeboy

Aug 07

bluehazeboy says:

dont do it jorge, stay at yamaha as you and rossi bring out 100% in each rider,if you go to ducati its an oppertunity to keep learing from the master

Reply to this Topic
bugref

Nov 08

bugref says:

Open window for Ben Spies

Wow great news Indeed, I want Mr. Elbowz in MOTOGP.

Reply to this Topic
ameg2808

May 08

ameg2808 says:

Even if lorenzo did leave Yamaha Spies cant have Lorenzo's ride next year....New rookie rules forbid it

Reply to this Topic
johnnyboysblade

Jul 08

co-incidence???

I cant help thinking that its a co-incidence that Casey has gone AWOL and this bumper pay deal has been offered to Jorge!  Probably just me being scepticle but its an interesting thought!!

Has Casey had his nose put out of joint being told he wont be the number 1 rider anymore if Jorge signs, cos im damn sure Jorge wont go to Ducati if he's told he will be signing as number 2!! And is Casey on similar wedge to this deal that Jorge has been offered? I dont think he has been and that will also cheese him off!!

Clash of the ego's all round!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices