Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati offer Jorge Lorenzo £13m bumper pay deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati offer Jorge Lorenzo £13m bumper pay deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati offer Jorge Lorenzo £13m bumper pay deal

Ducati has made Jorge Lorenzo a lucrative multi-million pound offer to quit Yamaha.Desperate to sign a top rider while the future of Casey Stoner remains the subject of intense speculation, Marlboro has offered the 22-year-old a bumper £13m two-year deal. MCN understands Lorenzo had further talks with Phillip Morris executives in Brno on Sunday night, though the Spaniard insists his first...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (18 August 2009 11:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Lorenzo - Oblivion??

Don't think so and don't think for one minute that DUCATI think that Casey is finished. Where has that come from? .And where did this massive gulf appear from between Casey and DUCATI?  DUCATI and Marlborough aren't stupid either and want to make that they have the best riding talent available on their bike, someone who can win races and win the championship. Just as Casey has already done. This year he won't, that's obvious so it makes commercial sense to have the 2 best riders  on the bikes, apart from Rossi of course!! Don't think that Lorenzo, with the talent that he has, would not be able to master the DUCATI and perhaps therein lies the challenge to him and that may be a reason, apart from the money!!, for him to sign this lucrative deal with DUCATI and team up with Stoner, hopefully, next year!! Sounds good to me!!

Reply to this Topic
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

eddy998

Ducati obviously know something we dont.... 

otherwise...

why offer a non motogp championship winning rider A LOT more money than your championship winning rider ?

I wonder what Casey thinks of that ?

i'd be spitting chips!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
baznap123

Aug 09

baznap123 says:

Jorg will go to Ducati purley for the money. He's greedy. if he wanted to win the championship he would stay at yamaha and ride for free so they could plough money into development of the bike.

what a waste of £13m if he does a malandri.... cant wait to see him fail, sorry jorg i just dont like you.

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

What is going on

Casey is ill and takes a break just before a mega pay offer floats on horgays door mat. casey is definately doing the right thing, taking a break. It's significant that they give an expected return date, rather than for forseeable future.

Rossie started this, by saying he could race on for another few years. So jorgy needs an edge. He is only going to get that at Ducati. Kalio did not set the world alight at Bruno did he. For sure Rossi is being pushed further than he has ever been before. I'm sure he is  riding 100% , not something he has needed to do before. (his words) And Bruno showed that no one can touch them two.Except a fit Casey. And yet again Rossi shows the opponent, that he will have to break the lap record to pull away. Lets the guy go past and bingo , job done! forces an error. I love Vali. (and MaxB & Hayden by the way)

Casey to swap with Jorgi will suit me. Or he could stop on the Marboro bike and humble another star. But how could you stay and be on half the money? Honda badly need Casey. They would do well to sign BenS at least.

I so hope Casy  gets well soon

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

baznap

How do you know that he will go to Ducati and futhermore how do you know the guy is greedy unless you have inside information that we dont have access too? I think its more a case that the guy is trying to get as much from Yamaha as he possibly can and there is nothing wrong with that as he is risking his life everytime he throws his leg over the bike (as every other rider does) I really do hope he stays at Yamaha as I am a big fan of his and I genuinely think he can beat Rossi consistently if he stops making the school boy errors! 

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

stoner might be gone

Has it not occurred to anyone that stoner has gone.  Maybe his illness was not the reason for missing the last race, but because he walked after the great tyre fiasco at donnington that no one wants to take the blame for.

Reply to this Topic
kev2905

Jun 05

kev2905 says:

Propaganda!

It is all propaganda!

I would suggest Lorenzo's camp are firing it up for more money from Yamaha.

I don't disbelieve Ducati would be interested in him yet there is absolutely no justification for anyone to offer him anywhere near as much money as Vale. Why would they? He has not won as much or been around long enough to be as consistent.

It is all a load of BS and only put in the mix to stir up the hornets nest!

Judging by some of the "stories" on here and the accompanying comments, it could even be good old MCN doing their bit with the wooden spoon!

Now I am doing the stiring! LOL

Reply to this Topic
dombo73

Jul 09

dombo73 says:

Let`s face jorge has thrown away the title  to rossi,who`s talent has got to lorenzo..i think he will go to duke,mainly money...which will open up a ride for ben w.s.b...which could see toseland keeping his ride.. it would all make sense to me..question is can lorenzo ride that duke???? me thinks not.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

lots of wild speculation

I still think this is more to do with Casey's health,he is more than capable of riding that Ducati when he is fit no one has done any better on it and he hardly dolloped on it last time out, they have given estoril as a possible return strange i think ?  If his illness was as straight forward as a "rest"  they would know that by now,all this rubbish that he has walked or left because of the tyre choice at donington is pure guff the bloke is clearly clearly ill, you only had to look at him after some of the recent rounds , Jorge will be hard pressed to do any better on it if he changes ship but will yamaha really want to lose him ? the ever brilliant rossi and the young pretender in one team, its perfection for them ,lets hope Stoner does only need a rest

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Toseland offered a quid to ride in bmx

Forgot to ask any truth in the rumour that Toseland has been offered a quid to ride Raleigh's latest bmx ? it should give him a bit of bargaining power when they all come chasing him at the end of this season!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices