Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow closing in on Moto2 switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow closing in on Moto2 switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow closing in on Moto2 switch

Cal Crutchlow is closing in on a deal to move to the new Moto2 600cc world championship next season, MCN can exclusively reveal. Crutchlow held lengthy discussions with Fausto Gresini during last weekend’s Czech Republic GP, and he also started preliminary negotiations with James Toseland’s Tech 3 squad about a Moto2 switch. Crutchlow looks certain to move to Moto2, despite the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 August 2009 16:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Evs7

Mar 07

Evs7 says:

Moto2

a good move in my opinion. Cal has really adapted well to the supersport bike and moving to the 600cc Moto2 class without coming off of a superbike should help for a quick transistion.

Also World Superbike is flooded with British talent at the moment, Sykes, Haslam, Rea, Byrne (Camier and maybe more moving there next year) Go and make a name for yourself and move to MotoGP.

BTW there are quick a few configuration options on the WSS bikes, its not just an out of the box on the track configuration, I think most of the guys in SBK/WSS could set up a bike WITH the right engineer.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

sensible..

I thought he was about to make a mistake, but if he has his eyes set on GP, this is the right place, he also has a brilliant chance to shine because it is a new class.

Good move, surprised Cal is thinking clearly.  Maybe enough good riders are failing for him to see the opportunity.

Not often a rider surprises me, but Cal has this time.

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

I think Laverty would be a cracker there.  He always said he preferred the yam, and got a 3rd on his first time on it.  Plus he took the honda  to the top of the podium.  No doubt cal has class and will do just as well.

Reply to this Topic
Glynn Racing

Sep 08

Glynn Racing says:

A Great move

I take my hat off to Cal for moving to the supersport series (which he has set alight) as this was a huge gamble. I believe moving to GP2 is the right move as He will be in the right  "Arena" for what will hopefully be His next move to Moto GP.

We are deserate for a top class rider in Moto GP and the likes of Cal, Leon, Laverty and Bradley are in my opinion "champions waiting to happen"

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Great move!

Everything in life is what you make of it and Cal has made WSS his this year! Seems to me that , with his talent, skill and determination to succeed that he has shown this year that he will do well in MOTO 2, although he is bound to face stiff competition, it  is a  logical move and a stepping stone to Moto GP.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

The best is yet to come ?

I said it at the begining of the season that while others jumped into WSB , Cal chose the wisely.Without doubt he has exceeded all expectations in his first year at world level and , hopefully , if he gets a bike and team to match his undoubted talent he can repeat his success next year.

Well done and the very best of luck for next year

Reply to this Topic
blackhill

Aug 02

blackhill says:

Mmmm....

I've just had a thought here (not normal on a warm afternoon at work...).

Would a 'UK superteam' of Cal and JT be a good thing? As JT doesn't seem to have the application for the style of a MotoGP 800cc machine, maybe a step (back) to that class, knowing the circuits to some degree, help change his style to that of a 250cc rider - the style that the front end of the MotoGP field all possess. Whilst this would be best for UK riders (and us fans), I wonder of there is the interest from sponsors?

Eugene Laverty deserves a go at Moto2 level also.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

blackhill b***s*t

I think you've got sunburnt mate

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN