Skip to content

General Regarding bike test....i will probably be killed for this..but General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Regarding bike test....i will probably be killed for this..but

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LadyLoz

Nov 08

LadyLoz says:

Regarding bike test....i will probably be killed for this..but

im rather p****d off. Had a car years, so have decent road sence..well....:wink:....and did my bike test a year ago...and 6 lessons and everyinthg. instructor even met me and my fella at bassets pole a few times and gave me a heaset so could give me "lessons" without paying lol!

However..somebody i know passed car test 6 months ago, now has a 125 as well, and had told us "im brilliant...i dont need any lessons at all..im jus having my test."

i personlly think he is being a total prat...yet find this very unfair. I thought you had to be given a referral code to book your test from instructer like when i did car test to verify your ready?
I paid a heck of a lot of money for lessons, even though i know the roads as being on a bike is totall different, and feel people wth no road sence who can book tests without a single lesson is totally unjust. (I know the local bike place, and they told me he never booked lessons with them since cbt.)

please dont hurt me people.......

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (21 August 2009 12:37)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BikerBladerAsh

Nov 07

hello

back to the question, you can book you test without lessons, but you must have a cbt and a theory test pass, i booked mine just before my first cbt expired 4 yrs ago, because i had a mito at the time, i knew i would stuggle with the u turn though so my dad hooked me up a few lessons through a friend and lent me the company cg 125, i was under 21 at the time so this was ok although i was restricted for 2 yrs to 33bhp. during my restriction period i had the mito, then a gpx250 then a gpz500s both restricted until the 2 yrs expired. i had about 9 hours worth off lessons, just did as i was told and passed.

to take the test without being told or shown what to do and told where you miss a mirror check etc, would be very difficult to pass especially with the new test i imagine.

Reply to this Topic
gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

Gotta be honest

LadyLoz says:

oh...

and for everyone doing their mod 1.......according to him its " a piece of piss" and people failing are just idiots,

I actually agree with that.

The bike test is so easy now you really do have to be some kind of muppet to fail it

All the instructors are looking for is a basic level of competance, but above all, safety.

The way some newbies go on about it, you'd think they are looking for superhuman ability, which they are not.

This guys arrogance may not be his biggest virtue, but I'd rather have a dozen of him on the road than one dayglo covered muppet hesitating at every junction, and at the merest hint of a bend.

Those people are far more dangerous and likely to get themselves hurt.

Reply to this Topic
Daddyk

Aug 09

Daddyk says:

MUTATION

Sorry but I'm a newcomer to this forum (and to biking). Also have a "mate" who stated exactly same so is he a mutant going @ the country. Unfortunately he passed his little boy test so now rides a restricted 600 (whats the point in that?).

Anyway I did a DAS course and my impression and still is they taught me to ride safely first then pass to test secondly:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Ikonoklast

Jun 09

Ikonoklast says:

Unfortunately this guy is gonna be getting mopped up off some tarmac if he doesn't sort himself out.

I've just started my big bike lessons. My control of the bike is excellent (apparently :blink:) but (after riding my 125 for a few months) the instructor has pointed out loads of observation, positioning and turning mistakes. I've been riding like i drive a car apparently. I don't think it can ever hurt to be critiqued no matter how good you think you are! I thought my biking was good but obviously not good enough....yet!

EDIT: Maybe when he fails his Mod 2 on observations and dangerous overtaking he might see he needs to be properly trained.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Custard Tart

Nov 07

Custard Tart says:

Proof of pudding will be on test - he will fail miserably for lack of lifesavers/mirror checks/every little steering wobble/& anything else they spot, becaause those examiners don't miss a thing. And rightly so, that's their job. Unless he's one of those who behave perfectly on test and past first time, like someone I know. Who has binned every bike he ever owned and lost his licence shortly after passing. It's all testosterone, don't let him get to you :laugh:  

Reply to this Topic
LadyLoz

Nov 08

LadyLoz says:

thanks

ill try to remember that. Exminers should pick it up :)  Make him have lessons to make him a safe rider x

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Mod1

If bikers are to be trained to compensate for the stupidity of car drivers... how about making them stay on whilst doing an emergency stop and a swerve.... on the diesel left by some overfilling bellend.

That's what some indecisive twunt had me do today.

Or maybe take the licence away from morons like that en-mass and have them resit their tests. I'll be the examiner.... and I'll be very fair.

We'll end up with better public transport due to excess demand.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Lessons

I did the same test as KinderLingers and Surveyor57, but even so I did an RAC/ACU course every Sunday morning for a few months and what I learnt was invaluable - me thinks the test is harder these days and you really do need lessons to pass.

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Test

Hi again LadyLoz. Do you know when your friends test is, and where he,s taking it..

Reply to this Topic
LadyLoz

Nov 08

LadyLoz says:

nope

he wont tell us. im thinking he is bullshitting tbh. last week he told us he and gf was getting a house yet his g/f didnt have a clue when i congratulated her :huh:

I think you need at lest a few lesson to prepare you for the test pesonally. 

Custard Tart i agree, maybe examiner will pick up on it...and hear the crunching or gears...grind it til you find it.....can u fail for crunching gears????

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices