Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: Jorge Lorenzo staying is better for Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: Jorge Lorenzo staying is better for Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: Jorge Lorenzo staying is better for Yamaha

Valentino Rossi has accepted that if Jorge Lorenzo rejected a lucrative deal to join Ducati that it would massively benefit Yamaha. It is no secret that Rossi and Lorenzo don’t get on, but the pair have formed a formidable partnership in Yamaha’s factory team. Rossi and Lorenzo have won seven out of 11 races in 2009 and Yamaha is dominating the Team...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 August 2009 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Really?

"It is no secret that Rossi and Lorenzo don’t get on" really? its news to me , and whats more totally irrelevent to the article , bloody journos youd say anything for a quick thrill, your crap

Reply to this Topic
twistedrider

Jul 09

twistedrider says:

Re: Really?

I have to agree with Richard67, the "It is no secret that Rossi and Lorenzo don’t get on" comment is careless.  They are obviously very competitive against one other, but it's nowhere near the equivalent of the Toseland/Edwards spat.  The comment makes it sound like they're at each others throats.  Clear case of journo sensationalism. 

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Not true

MCN yet again talking rubbish!!! After just finishing reading Jorge Lorenzo's autobiography its clear to me that they totally respect each other and are civil to each other but they are not good friends and have a very professional relationship. That is along way off from saying that they dont get on!!! Time and time again we have to read MCN crap written by Matthew Birt. Start telling the truth or maybe you should get a job with some Sunday gossip paper!!

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

Just the facts, sir.

Next it will be how Rossi is actually a space alien and he is using alien technology in a massive conspiracy to dominate MotoGP. ;)

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Getting on????

If they get on so well why is there a wall built between them??? Seems to me that getting on and tolerating each other are two different things. Not too sure who exactly Lorenzo gets on with as he is so focused on doing well that he doesn't seem to have to much time for bosom buddys in the paddock. Then again what racer does? Maybe Rossi prefers Jorge to stay at Yamaha as he is easier to control there. Rossi will be No.1 and Jorge No.2

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The Wall

Yes Eddy the wall is there because Rossi sees Lorenzo as a threat. I also agree with you in your 'easier to control from within' comment. Whilst Rossi is at Yamaha and winning his comments development wise will ALWAYS carry more weight. I presume this is one of Lorenzo's big issues along with ego and the No.1, No.2 thing, although they seem to have pretty similar riding styles. The guy is young (a bit impetuous at the moment) and very driven in his desire to succeed - can't knock that attitude. I couldn't care less about the state of their personal relationship, but cordial & respectful seems mature - unlike the much older CE11's child like behaviour.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices