Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo signs new Yamaha deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo signs new Yamaha deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo signs new Yamaha deal

Jorge Lorenzo has rejected a multi-million pound deal to join Ducati and will stay with Valentino Rossi in Yamaha’s official factory team. The 22-year-old, who currently sits second in the MotoGP world championship, has signed a new one-year deal after protracted negotiations with Yamaha that have dragged on since the winter. Lorenzo’s future had been the subject of intense recent speculation with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 August 2009 08:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Grubby politics

So if I'm to understand what Matt Birt says correctly then the BBC holds Dorna to ransom by demanding a Brit in MotoGP, and since there's none better qualified James Toseland will in all likelyhood retain his ride?! This seems far worse than the purported insidious latin domination. On the whole the Latins are there primarily on the back of their own abilities, aided and abetted by their industrial captains backing them with sponsorship. I've got nothing against Toseland and would've loved to see him do better than he has.

Wouldn't it be nice to see yet another Yamaha team out there though? If only some of those state owned British Banks took their noses out of Bernies arse and came towards the light of MotoGP then James might have a more legitimate case to stay.

Ben Spies. Why wouldn't Yamaha be in awe of him? New bike, new tyres, new tracks and dominating. Nobodies done what he has in WSBK since Polen and that was on a Ducati with a big capacity and weight advantage over the Japanese 4's. Speculation of course, but Spies is driven and must want to be in MotoGP. Surely there must be a performance clause in his current contract that gives him a MotoGP seat if he wants it in 2010. Naught wrong with the second tier Yamaha's - they're only a hair's breadth behind the Fiat machines, and being a Yamaha employee if Spies did well he wouldn't have to wait long for updates if they work for Rossi.

The CE11, yeah float him off to the smaller WSBK pond. He's lingered in MotoGP as much as Checa & Barro's did but without the winning!

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

Good Decision

Good decision Lorenzo. The Ducati ride would have been lucrative in the short run, maybe a year or two, but would have hurt you career, and the potential to earn even more during your time in MotoGP. Now Pedrosa can resign with Honda and Stoner can ask for a big raise.

Reply to this Topic
hastyhughie

Aug 09

hastyhughie says:

Lorenzo has no imagination. Yes he can "Play it safe" and maybe sneak up on Rossi  like Hayden did or ride away on a better bike, oops! that is not going to happen. So he has chosen to go at it man to man on the same bike; that Rossi/Burgess developed.  Lorenzo may win but he has already lost the effort to be greater than Rossi. He has no imagination.

Reply to this Topic
martiny46

Oct 08

martiny46 says:

.. a missed opportunity ..

I do think that Lorenzo could NOT have a made a bad decision what-ever he chose, in picking between Yamaha and Ducati.

So he chose to stay on the Yamaha, on the bike that won the championship last year and will probably do the same again this year. In the end I do think that he will be a world champion on the Yamaha, and will get the recognition that will deserve -- but, there will always be people out there saying that he he did it on a bike that Rossi developed .. that he did it on the fastest bike on the track ... etc.

To make his own piece of history, if he had signed for Ducati and helped develop a bike that more than Stoner could ride, then the credit he received would be worth so much more, and yes the millions in wages are important, but I think the riders at the very top want to be recognised as a "great", and no shame in that.

Sorry if the lack of bad language and the omission of personal insults has offended anyone.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

Lorenzo

the blokes use his brain the Yamaha is a far better bike than the Ducati they all get paid well but he want to win titles it wasa no brainer really for a racer , the Ducati is a shed look how ill stoner is trying to ride it and no one else can

Rossi has made the M1 the best bike in the paddock, so much so that Honda a considering a complete revamp in 2010

the M1 development means the CPC engine now dominates BSB and hopefully win WSB thanks to Yamaha and Rossi

good move Lorenzo, but he  still need to beat Rossi in a straight out fight , thats his biggest challenge and he knows it

Reply to this Topic
bobbinz

Mar 03

bobbinz says:

At Last!

So JLo has finally decided what to do for next year to be competitive... - Now all she has to do is stay on the bike and we might get some races!

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

thestig08

At last someone who tells it how it is .

Even I could'nt have put it better

Well done

Reply to this Topic
Boztich

Jan 09

Boztich says:

Yepp!

The best bike i the series together with the best compeditor, it couldn´t be better! And better is... JLo knows it as well..!

Always clean and beautiful races and hopefully will JLo be more consistent and learn to stay cool while he drives. Just stay on the bike Jorge!!

Reply to this Topic
mas0162

Jul 09

mas0162 says:

stoner

mm phillip morris/ducati finds mega bucks to offer lorenzo a ride if i was stoner i would be calling management and saying i want a pay rise he has won a world title for them 

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Deals

Anyone getting paid millions to ride a motorbike is a lucky man indeed.  And for those of you who don't agree, there appear to be lots of upcoming riders for the factory teams to choose from.   Et Tu Casey?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices