Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 500bhp Millyard Viper V10 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: 500bhp Millyard Viper V10

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 500bhp Millyard Viper V10

Brit bike builder Allen Millyard has launched his biggest and best machine yet - a 500bhp monster powered by a V10 Dodge Viper supercar engine. Watch the clip to see the details and hear it running.    Read more on the Millyard Viper V10 in the August 26 and September 2 issues of MCN.   Zoom & Watch more videos on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (25 August 2009 13:26)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

Allen Millyard

The bike looks great, very well finished. I think this is the chap that also did a Kwacker Z-2600. He stuck 2 Z1300 engines together to make a V12. That sounded better but this looks better finished. The V12 sounded awesome more like you'd expect from a Ferrari than a bike. The V12 looked more manegeable as it was smaller. Strangely I hear this one has better fuel consumption - weird.

I think someone should persuade him to do a smaller capacity 2 stroke. Stick a few motocross engines together and make a lightweight 750 smoker. Like the 70's but faster and with modern handling. What do they have in racing skidoos?

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

That

was ahell of a kick sideways when it sparks up!!!

Reply to this Topic
JS4119

Oct 08

JS4119 says:

Traffic lights...

I can see them going one of two ways:

The tiny lean followed by the inevitable journey to the ground, that thing has to way a bloody ton

OR

A backflip as 500bhp and ~500ft/lbs of torque display the limits of two wheels and rear wheel drive.

Ten out of ten for a completely pointless, utterly impractical posing tool though, I don't think it was built with commuting in mind.

Reply to this Topic
Jackmcgack

Aug 09

Jackmcgack says:

Traffic Lights, not all motorcycles NEED to be practical, or useable, or anything.  I would guess there are scores of riders who would love a huge, superpowered bike like that.  It is a very good peice of engineering and I personally like it better than the Tomahawk which shares its engine.

Reply to this Topic
skhy85

Jul 09

skhy85 says:

Awesome

Even though I like the Tomahawk better, the Millyard is still a pretty cool piece of engineering. May be not street legal but who cares. I'd ride if you gave it to me.

Reply to this Topic
jusum1

Aug 09

jusum1 says:

Yes it can turn corners

Him yes it is road legal (it's on an 09 plate), yes it can turn corners (unlike the Tomahawk!), there's a U-Tube Vid showing it cornering into a prytol fillling station at;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVtUD_PdzA4 

Yes, it is rideable (Alan's already coveref over 250 miles on it in the last couple of weeks), Yes there is some torque steering I understand (especially on left hand bends) and No he hasn't dropped it yet. Mind you i defy anybody to pick up a "dropped" big bike (e.g. a large Harley or Hoss Boss). No you won't burn your legs on the exhaust downpipes (at least not in leathers) as they've been specially ceramic coated inside and out.

Reply to this Topic
4418geoffg

Aug 07

4418geoffg says:

The man is a proper engineer, I've seen some of the stuff he has done with Kawasaki engines. Brill.

Reply to this Topic
Sabrinus Hic

Jul 08

Sabrinus Hic says:

And on two real wheels not Four

What a fantastic, amazing and beautiful piece of engineering, and I bet if thay marketted that to the US, Japan and other countries, they would see quite a few.

Excellent stuff.

Reply to this Topic
andrewz

Jul 05

andrewz says:

it looks blinding and sounds awesome, i want one, but, its got a centre stand! how the hell do you put it on that?

Reply to this Topic
millyardviper

Aug 09

Viper V10 Stand

The centre stand can be operated by the rider with ease using a concealed foot operated ratchet system.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices