You are in... Forums > General > General > aprilia

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

nico8161

May 09

nico8161 says:

aprilia

I went to see an aprilia tuono 1000 today, looks quite nice does anyone know what they ride like or of any problems?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (25 August 2009 20:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Aprilia

Good bikes, very fun and pretty reliable (the engines are made by an austrian company) but after market support can be attrocious and spares can take a long time to turn up if you need them.

Reply to this Topic
dodgerzx9

Nov 02

dodgerzx9 says:

I think

it looks the dogs, ace looking bike, good luck good reviews either in bike mag a while back or another one I cant remember:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Aprilia

Nico choose your Aprilia Dealer with care . Perhaps viewing the post about the Granny at a Dealership will concentrate your mind . The make has never been noted for it`s spare parts supply and luckily I have never had to test them on my 7yr old Leonardo . Others have and they`ve been found wanting . A shame as the machines are good .

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Lovely bikes

until something goes wrong.  I wouldn't touch an Aprilia with a ten-foot pole.  Dealer back-up doesn't exist.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Aprilia

Owned an RSV (Same as Tuono bar fairing) for the last 3 years. I've clocked up 25,000 miles on it..

Still looks and rides great..

Problems?

1 Speedo sensor (which is mounted near rear caliper so gets soaked) which packed in after last years wet summer..Dead easy to change..
Got a second hand one for £16 though dealer had one in stock £67 new..

Fork seals on Ohlins shocks (Factory model) can blow..Mine went at 21,000 so not complaining and not a fortune to have replaced..

Dropped bike in the garage whilst putting on paddock stand, broke the mirror..Got a new one over the counter. (in stock)

That's it..Starts everytime and because its a decent sized bike, I find it comfortable to ride all day..

Reliability has been 100% and been far more reliable than a previous Yamaha R1 and Kawasaki ZX9 both of which had  major mechanical problems once past 18,000

Spares?
One thing worth thinking about..Unlike the Japanese who change everything so that spares may look the same, in actual fact many are slightly changed, so you need the exact year/model..They've done this since year blob..

The Italians tend to use many inter changeable parts and don't change for the sake of it, eg the first model of mine came out in 04, but most 09 parts will fit, which gives you a wide choice if searching for second hand parts. In addition the other Italian marques do the same and you'll find Ducati, Benelli parts are interchangeable with Aprilia..Some electrics switch gear etc.
The RSV Forum has many useful tips and a good place to join if an Aprilia owner.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
nico8161

May 09

nico8161 says:

thankyou

getting closer to getting one!:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale