You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Speeding & NIP's

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

taxslave

Apr 08

taxslave says:

Speeding & NIP's

I was recently pulled over by an unmarked police car who produced a lazer gun to say I had been seen doing 120mph (exactly, no decimal point) during the interview in his car I produced my driving license and my details were comfirmed with a phoine call. I was given no paperwork at the time and none has arrived after 15 days, I neither admitted nor denied anything in the car and am wondering if I have slipped through the net or does the fact I was cautioned at the time mean the 14 day rule for NIP does not apply? also how reliable is a handheld lazer when he was side on to me and in the dark, most methods of measuring speed have a back up to comfirm accuracy. Your thoughts please.

Many thanks

Taxslave

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (26 August 2009 14:49)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

lazer

It`s looking good for you so far,not sure:unsure: but lazer guns dont work in the dark,Advice keep to the speed limit like me.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
jdavies123

Mar 04

jdavies123 says:

ouch

You had a verbal NIP when they pulled you over. A summons to go to court will be on its way to you (this can take upto 6 months) For speeds in excess of 100 mph (or more than 30 miles above the relevant limit) the punishment starts at disqualification as opposed to penalty points. Expect a ban/points and fairly hefty fine. min £300 6 points.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Er...

Check out and sign up on:

www.pepipoo.com

You've been verbal nipped. Not a great chance of escape through any route there.

Was it Scotland or England & Wales?

Reply to this Topic
taxslave

Apr 08

taxslave says:

Speeding & NIPs

Thanks for your thoughts, would be happy with points and fine (just deserts and all that) but a ban would hurt the whole family, here's hoping for compassion

Reply to this Topic
fast fox

Jan 04

fast fox says:

Sorry mate

I always thought the 14 day rule applied, but my mate fell fal of it.
The 14 day rule dose not applie if you were caustioned on side of road. They now have 6 months from date of offence.
My mates came though the post about two or three days before the 6 month thing exspired.
Enjoy...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices