Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: Colin Edwards hopeful Yamaha want him for 2010 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: Colin Edwards hopeful Yamaha want him for 2010

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Indy MotoGP: Colin Edwards hopeful Yamaha want him for 2010

Colin Edwards is confident he remains part of Yamaha’s MotoGP plans for the 2010 world championship. The Texan has yet to secure a deal with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for next season while he awaits a decision on the plans of fellow American and WSB sensation Ben Spies. The 35-year-old is enjoying arguably his best premier class campaign as he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 August 2009 03:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

so why is he in motogp?

So why is CE in motogp? I think too many forget that he's a dam good rider that has earned his place. Looking at JT and many of the others id pick him for his consistancy and knowledge he can bring to a team. Yes he is at the end of his career in motogp but dont sign him of just because of his age. I think he'd make a good team mate with Spies and has nothing to prove to him only knowledge to share. We all know though that money talks and Yamaha WILL have the last say in who goes from the Tech3 team.

As for a younger rider that does,nt count much with me. I want to be entertained and CE does this lots. What is young anyway? They will get there chances if there any good all in good time!

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Simple

If everyone agrees that CE is NEVER going to win the GP championship and that he is a great development rider, well then I thinks its simple................Make him a test rider for Fiat Yamaha!

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

Problem is...

Tech 3 must now take on Spies and sponsorship will not allow 2 Americans in the team; leaving Edward's manager running around like a blue arsed fly trying to get big money American sponsorsgip for a USA dream team. What is more likely is Edwards being offered factory Yamaka WSB with a promise of MotoGP return pending good results

Reply to this Topic
kirklet

Apr 06

kirklet says:

Fast on Saturday........

So long Colin, seems your time is finally up. Literally years and years of trying and never won a GP, fanfuckingtastic ! His develpmoent skills are a friggin myth aswell, the only reason Rossi welcomed him in his team was because hemonkey boy knew he had him beat every day of the week. JB and VR sorted the M1, not the texan windbag.

Great race today though, starts 5th and fancies a podium, two quicker riders fall off and he finishes in er.....5th ! But hey, if he keeps his ride somehow, maybe next year will be his year ! :D

Reply to this Topic
iMarcus

Apr 08

iMarcus says:

There is a way...

A rather cryptic comment from Colin Edwards on the grid, he seemed to suggest that there is a way he could stay in Moto GP next year. I just wonder if he's been talking about a 3rd Fiat Yam, or a 3rd Yam team even??

Fingers crossed.

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

The way...

would be if Spies decides to stay in WSBK!

Reply to this Topic
shamitz

Sep 06

shamitz says:

iMarcus

U talk of a 3rd Yamaha team.

check this out

http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2009/08/30/hayate_to_lease_yamaha_engine_for_2010.html

Reply to this Topic
patron

May 09

patron says:

stunning comment kirklet.  bravo.  even though JB has been quoted to say colin is a little better at setting a bike up than even the great rossi himself.  go back to sleep.  your mum will wake you when dinner is ready.     

Reply to this Topic
kirklet

Apr 06

kirklet says:

Who mentioned setting up the bikes you dumb fucker? I said his bike development skills were a myth ! JB and VR sorted the M1 out, Edwards was Rossi's wingman because he was no threat to VR. He just did the donkey work for the team, twas all he was good for tbh !

Ask Mommy to wipe the drool off the screen son, maybe that's why you're having trouble reading my posts. LOL ! etc

Reply to this Topic
patron

May 09

patron says:

i'm sure all sorts of things out there are a myth to you. rossi and burgess brought colin on to help with it all. development, race set up, all of it. what do you think the "donkey work" was? the m1 is where it is because if colins input. but hey, now you can scratch that off the long list of things that confuse you.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices