Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: No new tactics from Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: No new tactics from Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Indy MotoGP: No new tactics from Jorge Lorenzo

Jorge Lorenzo insists he won’t radically overhaul his race tactics in a bid to end a succession of deflating defeats to factory Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi. Lorenzo has failed to beat Rossi in the last six races and crucial mistakes have virtually killed off his title hopes. Following his second successive crash out of the lead in Brno earlier this month, the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (28 August 2009 03:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

New tactics

What ?  like he`s not gonna crash as usual !

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

Close, very close

Jorge knows what he is talking about. He acknowledges that Rossi is the fastest ever and he is also correct in saying that he needs to improve his own braking to stop crashing when racing Rossi

What he doesn't say and not many people acknowledge this, is that he is pushing Rossi harder than anyone before - including Casey Stoner. He is on the same bike, the same tyres - Rossi HAS to beat him whereas Rossi did not have to do against Stoner as there were so many variables that could be blamed for losing - now there are none, only rider difference.

Rossi is very aware of this and as the genius that he is he will use all of his craft skills both on and off the track to battle with the young upstart.

Me? I am backing Jorge to continue to race Rossi close - because without that it's just a Rossi-procession - and THAT's not racing.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Getting closer!!

With every race Jorge appears to be getting closer to beating Rossi and is pushing him to the limit. With a little more experience I reckon he's not far off doing it. Makes for great racing until Casey hopefully comes back fully fit. Otherwise, as has already been said, it would be a bit boring at the sharp end. Really need a few more up front pushing for the win! Maybe some surprises will come out of the various team reshuffles. Let's hope so.

Reply to this Topic
glentraman

Mar 05

glentraman says:

rossi vs lorenzo

this weekend's indy gp prediction is another boring rossi win yawn yawn, we all know he's the best, but it put's you off watching, like stoner 2 yrs ago. i'm in favour of world supa's or world supa stock where they mix it a bit coz that's where the entertainment is and the heart starts pounding. lorenzo is getting closer to rossi nipping at his heals and when he gets to close rossi starts riding slightly dangerously/dirty  coz he hates to lose. perhaps lorenzo should leave rossi lead up until the last lap make him worry, where and when lorenzo is going to strike, rossi won't like that.

Reply to this Topic
grandadal

Aug 09

grandadal says:

nobody can knock rossi he loves racing and it is up to the young guns to step up and chalange him so many win's and championships and he still wants more just like all the other greats if anyone of us could do what he does we would and not think this might be boring for the fans when challenged he puts his neck on the line  others moan about his luck,he makes his own,foggy,bayliss,doohan,plus many other great riders traded paint. hope he wins a few more before he retires hopefully injury free

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

Savor the Flavor

Rossi needs a challenge to stay interested in the sport and Lorenzo is providing that challenge. Just to be able to joust with Rossi is an accomplishment for any racer, much less a rookie. Lorenzo should be learning and savoring every moment because when Rossi retires and we are all coffin dodgers wasting away in a nursing home years from now we’ll be talking about this time and Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
kerabo

Jul 09

kerabo says:

Rossi Lorenzo

Lorenzo is fast and my be the best rider to give Rossi a fight but he dont have the same mindset as Rossi. Most of the times he fell he could have waited for a better moment to pass. Rossi although fast will save his tyres and bide his time then drag others along at his pace so they make a mistake. Rossi is not just a good rider he can set the bike up better than most. I am just pleased I followed this sport at a time that Rossi was racing as I dont think what he has done will ever be bettered.

KERABO

Reply to this Topic
SLIGHTLYMAD

Dec 05

SLIGHTLYMAD says:

dani

if dani can get away at the front,  Rossi will have to work fooking hard to catch him...

Reply to this Topic
danouklis

Apr 08

danouklis says:

"Now I am more or less at the same level as him"

"Now I am more or less at the same level as him" He's not even close! That Lorenzo guy has a very big mouth!

Reply to this Topic
bottomley3131

Aug 07

same level

MAYBE IN LORENZOLAND

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle