Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: Loris Capirossi rejected shock Ducati approach MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: Loris Capirossi rejected shock Ducati approach

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Indy MotoGP: Loris Capirossi rejected shock Ducati approach

Loris Capirossi has confirmed he rejected a surprise late approach from Ducati after his new Suzuki deal was announced in Indianapolis. Capirossi confirmed to MCN yesterday that he was approached about a shock return during the Czech Republic GP earlier this month, which he claims came on the back of a bid by Ducati to re-sign him in Mugello. MCN understands the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 August 2009 12:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
schilla46

Jun 08

schilla46 says:

ducati should have never dropped him....

He is the only other rider to ride the desmo successfully aside stoner, he won races on it - pretty much developed the bike from scratch. Ducati made an example of him by dropping him. Good on him for rejecting their deal - he could ride the bike. Well done Loris, good luck with your new Suzuki deal.

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Capi/Ducati/Stoner

I still don't understand why so many people think Stoner will not return to Ducati or motorcycle racing.The guy obviuosly has a health problem and as he isn't really in with a chance of the title now decided to miss a few races and get healthy again.I believe Casey will return to racing and will be up the front from the word go.

It would have been good to see Capi back on the Ducati,i'm sure he would do a lot better on it than he did the last year he rode it.I don't think Suzuki will do much in GPs from now on,they never seem to put much effort into development whether they can afford to or not.I reckon maybe one more year in GPs and they will probably leave the series if they don't win any races next year,or at least get a few podiums.

Reply to this Topic
jonascooper

May 03

jonascooper says:

Doh, give it to Troy!

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Serves them right

Well done LC , they should never have dropped you in the first place.How long will it be before Ducatti want to up the capacity of their bike so any rider can be up front ?

Reply to this Topic
custarduk

Nov 08

custarduk says:

Journalistic sesationalism

Surely this is all just journalistic sensationalism. As far as I can see Ducati are looking for a potential replacement for Nicky not Casey. If they don't entice another top rider or ex-world champion with lots of cash they'll probably stick with Nicky.

To be honest I'd like to see someone else give the Ducati a go and give Nicky the chance to have some fun and ride a Yamaha (potential replacement for James or Colin perhaps?). If we got someone like Danni riding it and he didn't perform it would really show the Ducati up for what it really is.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

4 Wheels

Ducati should be allowed 4 wheels aswell Grayzxr LOL That superbike ruling is an utter disgrace to "sport" Still the nepotism of the italians knows no bounds

Reply to this Topic
Ziri

Feb 08

Ziri says:

Looking back to Ducati's of old it's not difficult to see why Loris would say no to the deal. Ducati's have been dogs for a while and he more than anyone else should know it. I think the team and company is the real problem though.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

What's the next rumour?

Rossi on the Duke?!

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Stuff Ducati, bunch of tossers!!!!

The closest I got was watching Bayliss on the Duke. That was proper magic. Don't know why but apart from him riding it (and he was Aussie) I can't see anyone but Stoner mastering the Desmo.

Good old Capirex telling them to go f*ck themselves - excellent :) Bunch of tossers sacking him then asking him back!!!

Reply to this Topic
dekada80

Aug 09

dekada80 says:

It was a mistake

Was it Ducati's mistake or gamble when they dump loris after a "disappointing" one win and a couple of podiums during the introduction of the 800cc in 2006 and look what happens next, 2007 they signed melandri who then finishes 17th overall and with no podiums, then this year Hayden is currently 14th and yet to take a podium, not even close of getting one, we can see it from here that only loris is the only rider next to casey who has the best chance of landing ducati into the top spot, now loris has all the rights in rejecting Ducati this time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices