Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: James Toseland in dark over future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: James Toseland in dark over future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Indy MotoGP: James Toseland in dark over future

James Toseland has told MCN in Indianapolis today that he is still waiting for news on whether he will be retained by the Tech 3 Yamaha squad in 2010. Toseland’s future has been the subject of intense speculation in recent weeks with the 28-year-old fighting for his MotoGP future after a series of inconsistent performances in 2009. Several riders including Randy de...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (28 August 2009 23:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Toey...

Well done JT sixth best in the world today...I hope you can get some more results to keep a British rider in Moto Gp.  I don't think there is any other Brit/Irish riders to take your place... I'm sorry to say.

Critism of you is one thing, but to be damn right disrespectful and abusive is another, some of the people passing comments on this blog, should take a long hard look in the mirror.

Yep I think JT could do better, but he has my respect and I hope he secures a ride next season in Moto Gp...who else are we going to slag off.

Thank god for JT or this website would be dead in the water.  Well done to Bradley today, great ride let's hope the result get's you back in the running for championship.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ability

Getting motogp ride is nothing to do with ability , the riders are an unknown before they sling a leg over one and try .Carl Fogarty was passed over even when he had aquitted himself well in the 500cc class

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

thestig08

Hey Stig you got a crystal ball? I don't believe the championship is over yet! The placings are so close in the mid pack that a jump up the standings is possible for JT, good ride today James keep it up buddy!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

LOL@kirklet!

Let me get this straight - You want Colin gone because he's "nowhere on Sunday" but you want JT to stay even though he's been getting his ass handed to him EVERY race by that  "texas windbag"?

How does that make sense? Oh I see - you're just tired of seeing Edwards beat JT like a drum!

Luckily Yamaha decides it Coln stays or goes (it has nothing to do with if JT stays or goes). But the bad news for you guys is that if Colin is out that mean Spies is in.

So how does the though of another Texan Spies outclassing your boy next year sounds? LOL!

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Does it really matter

Does it really matter who's riding for Tech 3. Unless your on a works Honda,Yamaha or Ducati you ain't ever gonna win a race anyway. WSB, WSS, 125s and even F1 have been more exciting this year.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Carmelo Ezpeleta says

Ees good to 'ave a token british island monkey in OUR  MotoGP championship. Thith Toseland O.K he costs us a few extra pesetas but we make all this back due to ze British love of their living room and T.V's so ze BBC pays me - whoops - us much more moolah. And Toseland he's good for the sport - no? He makes all ze Latins look VERY good - so we bring in some more of them next year and we will like to keep your Toseland. I like ze British - I have an English friend Bernie - 'es has taught me many good thingths. Bueno tardes. Carmelo.

Reply to this Topic
shaftalot

Nov 02

shaftalot says:

JT

I think jt will be embarrased if he keeps his ride over colin , but what is he going to do , say "Sorry but i don't deserve this ride " . I don't think so . Ok so his season hasn't really built on the half decent rookie  season but yamaha must see some potential . Remember in his first ever race he put it 2nd on grid  and gave rossi a hard time not to mention thrashing his team mate . IMO the potential is there to run top five he just needs to sort out his bike set up .

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

JT & CE

Agree with killahrat on this one. It was embarasing to see the intervews on the grid with the pointers being that Toseland will keep the ride over Edwards who looked unhappy when being interviewed by Suzi, understandably!

If and when this happens It will interesting to see how JT justifies it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
johnnyboysblade

Jul 08

interviews

I agree with most of you guys on here that it will be a shame if JT keeps his job over CE due to his nationallity, cos thats basically what he said, 'Spies has made his mind up to come to GP and they wont want two Yanks in the same team', so there it is folks, the good old politics of MotoGP. Im not saying JT's not talented cos he obviously is being a two time WSBK champion, but, he's had the best bike on the grid all season and still lies in a lowly 13th in the standings with almost half the points of his his team mate who is gonna be dropped, its all pretty hard to justify really!!

Reply to this Topic
bigjay1971

Aug 09

bigjay1971 says:

james to52land

As i am more of a BSB and WSB fan than a GP fan, i belive that if james is unsure of his future in Moto GP, and seen there is not much of "lets have a group hug between him and colin edwards", and the tech 3 team seems to favour colin to james, you can see how james might be feeling, i have heard though the good old jungle drum's, that Ben spies could move to GP, and james back to WSB, where i think james is more suited, thats his style, i also think is he did go back there he would get more support, he knows the teams, the system, but if he did go back, and Ben Spies did stay i think next year would be a good season, but i guess with any sport, money talks too, what ever james and some of the other P45 bound rides do, good luck to you all:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices